advertisement

Naim Nait 50

It's Tony's show, but I thought if you're a paid up Trade Member you can have some sectional liberties in talking about your products/services.
Yes, thinking about it, you’re probably right Rana, in which case, my apologies to Rick.

Apparently What-HiFi have been sent the one and only* review sample of the Nait 50.

I look forward to an impartial review. :p

Meanwhile I might eventually be able to pick mine up this week.

*Two other not-for-sale units apparently also exist in Naim’s listening room and R&D department.

Apparently What-HiFi have been sent the one and only* review sample of the Nait 50.

I look forward to an impartial review. :p

Meanwhile I might eventually be able to pick mine up this week.

*Two other not-for-sale units apparently also exist in Naim’s listening room and R&D department.
Hopefully, they'll be able to get past the white LED.

I listened to the Naim Nait 50 today at a dealer and it is very good. Faster and lighter than a Supernait 3 with a good musical flow and focus. I did detect a slightly bright treble for my tastes. I asked for a home demo.

Then I got home and my new Marantz HD AMP 1 had arrived, bought for a second system in my study. I slotted it into my main system where the Supernait 3 was, driving some Proac Tablette 10’s (easy to drive), and -

Wow ! It was very good too. A less wide soundstage than the SN3, but again it has a lighter more musical sound. It was punchy and focused. A superb match for the Tablette’s, and its not even run in yet. Possibly slightly rolled off at the extremes and a splashy but not bright treble, but I’m being super critical here. I wasn’t expecting it to be this good.

The sound was similar to the NN50, and they share a similar size and power output. Marantz of course are famous for their ‘musical sound’ with a focus on the midrange and the musical flow.

I think Naim have ‘done a Marantz’ with the sound of the NN50 !

A good post, I can’t get my head around the higher end Naim, as you go up the range the bass becomes heavier, less agile and less tuneful. It’s why I preferred a Qute to a SuperUniti, and an Atom to a Nova. I simply refuse to go further up the Naim ladder than that.

I can’t get my head around the higher end Naim,

Actually we were blessed with many splendid low watt amplifiers such as the original Hiraga (was it 8w or 12w ?), Leben 300, Heed Obelisk, Radford, Leak, Electrocompaniet two channel 25w amo.
It seems as Nait 50 join that party.

With the right speakers and room, little reason to look for more watt.

It maybe because I haven’t heard them at their best, but I haven’t enjoyed any of the systems I’ve heard with newer Naim amps.

I listened to the Naim Nait 50 today at a dealer and it is very good. Faster and lighter than a Supernait 3

Interesting, there seem to be divided opinions here, most owner reviews I've read are very positive, while a few didn't manage to get the magic.
System dependance in most cases likely.
A guy did prefer Nait 50 to his XS3 and others say it betters Supernait 3 too, bodes well.

Our most recent delivery of Naim's NAIT 50 :)

365587486_662196822608939_3233931469889735705_n.jpg

365592927_662197155942239_6477625723301240528_n.jpg

365592927_662197155942239_6477625723301240528_n.jpg

Last edited:
I heard the Nait 50 at Robert Ritchie in Montrose yesterday. Just one track from Led Zeppelin 1 played on an LP12 through some JBL? speakers.
This brief listen left me with the impression of a very capable wee amp, the drums came across powerfully and detailed, driving the music along enjoyably. One track alone can't be conclusive but this amp can certainly make this music "work".
Would I buy one? Yes, if a lack of space and money-no-object were the case. Sadly...

I’ve been enjoying the Nait 50 for the last couple of months with a Wattson Audio Emerson Analog Streamer/DAC and Qobuz. SQ is a major upgrade from my exiting Naim Uniti.

My current setup and preferences:
  • no WiFi
  • no Bluetooth
  • no screens
  • excellent headphone/phono sections
  • smaller size/weight
  • great aesthetics/timeless
  • thoughtful design
  • Airable & Qobuz via Wattson iOS App
  • Roon & Audirvana Ready if needed
  • Made in Europe/UK
The no remote hurts a bit.
My recliner is manual so my abs get sore (;

The Nait 50 is a great amp within its power rating and a keeper for me.

It wont fill the room with sound like my 282, 2 x Hi-cap , 250 into Acoustic energy 520's does but it will reproduce micro detail better and what I think of as the acoustic clues that make it real and make for a very compelling listen .

Hello @Rosie
I wanted to know if the Nait50 rivaled your big system or if the 282/250 was still in the upper category and not only in terms of power, but in terms of musicality too? Because I have the same system (but in DR) and I ask myself a lot of questions about the quality of this box that I thought of the same range as the integrated ones and not the separate elements. And especially from the 282/250 range. Apart from power, if you had to choose a single system, what would you do?

Thx

Naim use the strap line ' a big amp in a small box ' in their online adverts for the Nait 50 and it is . Small Naim amps have always had a particular quality , the ability to communicate the emotion of music . Will I replace my ( modified ) big Naim rig with the Nait .. No .
A New Classic Supernait ,if such a thing happens will be a very interesting proposition

Which System would I choose , I don't have to I'm keeping both . I could live with the Nait50 based system but I chose the 282 2xHicap Pre-fix Hicap Nap 250 with JJ's Phoenix boards

Naim use the strap line ' a big amp in a small box ' in their online adverts for the Nait 50 and it is . Small Naim amps have always had a particular quality , the ability to communicate the emotion of music . Will I replace my ( modified ) big Naim rig with the Nait .. No .
A New Classic Supernait ,if such a thing happens will be a very interesting proposition

Which System would I choose , I don't have to I'm keeping both . I could live with the Nait50 based system but I chose the 282 2xHicap Pre-fix Hicap Nap 250 with JJ's Phoenix boards
Those Phoenix boards definitely make you addicted.........

advertisement

Back