advertisement

My Fraim-a-like

They look fantastic, I have been considering making up my own fraim "Tribute" for a while so would also be interested in the CAD files, if your happy to share them let me know and I'll PM you my email.

Emile

To make cups for 8mm ball bearings I have sliced acetal bar and drilled an 8mm hole with an 8mm ball ended milling cutter. Works well and is cheap. Acetal is really easy to work with.
Andy.

Andy, sounds interesting. Do you have any pictures? Is the material a kind of plastic?

Yes acetal is a readily available plastic and there is plenty to choose from on ebay. I have not any photos but a 10mm slice drilled 8mm deep with an 8mm ball nosed milling cutter for an 8mm ball works well. I have used 18 and 30mm acetal bar depending on what is available and how I want it to look.
It is a joy to work and you can polish the cut faces to suit with abrasive paper.
I find that the balls stay in these cups really well, unlike some I have used.
Cheers Andy.

Check out post 9. Nitrous made the drawings, and from memory is happy to pass them on.
Cheers
Muzz

Indeed:D

All requests answered today I think, shout out if I've missed you;)

Muzz did you ever 'have a go' at a fraim a like build??

Indeed:D

All requests answered today I think, shout out if I've missed you;)

Muzz did you ever 'have a go' at a fraim a like build??
You remember huh? They are still plans but certainly not a dead project. I believe it will happen but it hasn't got near the top of my pile!
Cheers
Muzz

You remember huh? They are still plans but certainly not a dead project. I believe it will happen but it hasn't got near the top of my pile!
Cheers
Muzz

Oh yes, memory like an elelphant:cool:

As I'm no electronic expert, this type of Hi Fi related project is up my alley and I've always liked doing them. Stay tuned for the wallshelf, it passes muster (ie doesn't fall of the wall) I'll start a new build thread. I may get prototype finished this weekend....we shall see.

Cheers

I meant 4mm deep hole - 8mm would clearly mean the bb is rendered useless. The thickness of the slice needs to take account of the depth of the feet on the box.
Cheers Andy.

Hi all,

Started this project after one year and here's some result so on. Still lots of what needs to be done. :)

Again, thanks Nitrous!

11515933395_29860d0697.jpg

12013303006_d0edf5d9a9_z.jpg

12013306896_0ec13ae341_z.jpg

12012849514_4319a73d88_z.jpg

12012853464_2f70353e37_z.jpg

Jake

If that is MDF, it won't stay flat under load. I think the OP used birch-ply, which is much stronger.

advertisement

Back