advertisement

My Fraim-a-like

Nick love it absolute genius.The edges are beautiful how did you do it on a veneered board? Any chance of a copy of you template drawings? will pay! M.S.

margret299, Please check your pm. Regards the veneering, much as I would like to say how hard it was, It really went well. I used the iron on matching white beech veneer. I curved the edges (unlike the original) so that the veneer could be 'bent' around then in a single piece and joined at the rear only.

Hi MarkJM, Plans are best sent as raw CAD files, so you can amend the design if you wish, PM your e-mail address and I can forward the file. nitrous

Slight thread resurrection, as I have had a few queries concerning building this project.

Image below shows the uprights. The one in the forground shows unpainted surface with dowls glued in place. this is the connection to the shelf. You don't paint this as you want a good glue connection. The other uprights show the recess/counter sink for the T nuts that the cones/spikes screw into.

Uprightsclose2.jpg

Hope this helps ;)

I've bumped this thread as during the summer I did some more fraim-a-like building in order to split the rack in to two stacks and build a second lot for the second system. Photo below of main system.

SL270976.jpg

BUT the main reason is because I've been working on a complimentary turntable wall shelf and I'm close to being able to post this build if people are interested? I'll start a separate thread for this.

I have always wondered why naim never produced a matching wall shelf and I've never been very impressed with current TT shelves that are available commercially.......so that got me thinking...........................:D

BUT the main reason is because I've been working on a complimentary turntable wall shelf and I'm close to being able to post this build if people are interested? I'll start a separate thread for this.

I have always wondered why naim never produced a matching wall shelf and I've never been very impressed with current TT shelves that are available commercially.......so that got me thinking...........................:D

Would love to see this, please do share:)

Nitrous: You have done this very nicely!!

Does anyone have these blueprints what's on this photo?
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o6/nitrous_cyclings/Templateplans2.jpg

I'll be very very glad if someone could send me those.

Regards

Jake

Hi Jake, I was quite surprised by the level of interest at the time I did this and I wasn't able to supply paper prints for one person as I would have had to do it for everyone. :( Also what you have to remember is that your 'template' will depend on your router offset and is not universal. So what I did offer was the raw AutoCAD files for those who could utilise this file format then people can accurately plot there offset and print out at 1-1. If you can use AutoCAD I can send you a file if that helps:)

What I can possibly do for you is what I'm planning for the Wall Shelf project, and that is providing a set of PDF scale drawings for people to work from. If I put a scale on the drawings when you print them out you can check to see if they are 1-1. Otherwise with some graph paper it is not impossible (just time consuming) to transpose plans to a 1-1 template. Just let me know if you want PDF versions?:D

Hi

Ok, if you could send me AutoCAD files to my mail, that would be nice, but if you have PDF files for Fraim thats even better. :) Point is that I can print it and draw it to MDF. :)

I send PM to you and it includes my mail address. If you didn't get those, please tell and I'll send it again.

Regards

Jake

To make cups for 8mm ball bearings I have sliced acetal bar and drilled an 8mm hole with an 8mm ball ended milling cutter. Works well and is cheap. Acetal is really easy to work with.
Andy.

I've bumped this thread as during the summer I did some more fraim-a-like building in order to split the rack in to two stacks and build a second lot for the second system. Photo below of main system.

SL270976.jpg

Yes, very much interested. Your work is very good and I have been following it over the years. If you ever decide to sell these on you have one customer waiting here :)

advertisement

Back