advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Storm in a he said/they said tea-cup. Fodder for rival singalongs next season (and Bob) but not much more than that. Southgate's comments are interesting, and United are defending him. Truth probably lies somewhere between misdemeanour and Harry's saintly defence. Temporary punishment from England and maybe some time-out from captaincy of United (though that's not looking likely at the moment). And no more holidays in Greece.

In other news, a great quote via Amazon from the Special One while indoctrinating Kane:

"The world looks to English football with an incredible respect but they still think that the movie stars of football belong to other places. I am a little bit [like] that as a coach. The reality is that my dimension is universal. And by being with me, I think I can help you.”

Very Thanos.

Now that we have Chilwell, we need to keep Alonso. In a situation where we need a goal, pushing Alonso on in a wing back role and switching Azpilicueta to the left of a back three to cover his arse would make a lot of sense

Just heard Jamie Murray say on BBC news that Messi is the world's best footballer and he'd have no problems performing on a cold, rainy night in Stoke. Any idea which Championship club Lionel is considering joining? ;)

Now that we have Chilwell, we need to keep Alonso. In a situation where we need a goal, pushing Alonso on in a wing back role and switching Azpilicueta to the left of a back three to cover his arse would make a lot of sense
Agreed.

£45M? Is he really that good? :confused:

Good young player, bit on the short side I think but Frank is investing well in that team, if they can all gel then they'll go close next season

It's great that Chilwell has signed to Chelsea. Thiago Silva is having a medical in Milan tomorrow, according to Sky, and will play for The Blues next season.

The Chelsea defence will definitely be more solid with those two. https://silvaatthedoctor's

I'm not convinced by the chase for Kai Havertz. £90 million is a lot of wonga. He'd be the most expensive player Chelsea have ever bought. Look at what's happened to the current one. There's a chance Frank won't be able to flog Kepa even at cut price.

Various newpapers and Rio Ferdinand reckon Lampard is after Messi, whose contract is up next year.

Abramovich talked to Messi's dad aboard his Eclipse superyacht in 2016. Messi's dad has a lot of influence over his son.

Abramovich could afford Messi. It remains to be seen if his £630 million release clause is active though. If it is I can't see any club buying him this summer. The other downside is he's 33 and getting on a bit.

Abramovich's transfer mistress, Marina Granovskaia, doesn't like that kind of thing, although she's relented with Silva, so Lampard and Cech are having a good influence.

I've seen Messi play a few times at Camp Nou and Stamford Bridge. He's magical to watch. The last time was when he scored a goal which kicked Chelsea out of The Champions League, helped by a bad pass from Christensen.

It would be funny if he ended up a Stamford Bridge, but I can't see it happening.

Jack

Last edited:
It would be funny if he ended up a Stamford Bridge, but I can't see it happening.

Jack
If he comes to the UK it would be to a club with class and pedigree. So that's Chelsea ruled out.
He won't go to a shithole like Manchester, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back