advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's his third full season in charge, season one, with zero spend he got to a European final and has transformed them into an entertaining hgh pressing high scoring team... another European final last year whilst losing a 'star player' demonstrates progress. If the FA Cup is sacrificed and he wins something this year then the fans will soon forgive Monday's decision to field a poor team.... if he ends up potless then he'll be hammered.

Outside of the UK, I wonder how many football fans care about the FA Cup? It gets no coverage here in the US, while the PL and CL are covered extensively.

Saturday's match at BHA should tell us whether LFC is actually slumping, or merely catching its breath for a strong second half run.

Outside of the UK, I wonder how many football fans care about the FA Cup? It gets no coverage here in the US, while the PL and CL are covered extensively.

Saturday's match at BHA should tell us whether LFC is actually slumping, or merely catching its breath for a strong second half run.

The latter I reckon.

Meanwhile in the real world where der spiegel makes crap up and staff get sacked for it City can play their youth team in the second leg.

Meanwhile in the real world where der spiegel makes crap up and staff get sacked for it City can play their youth team in the second leg.

What did you think of Brahim Diaz leaving for Real? I'm not sure he'll get anymore chance of playing there than he had at City. Hopefully Phil Foden is being lined up as the long term replacement for David Silva. The lad has so much potential.

Nice to see both Carabao Cup semi's are hinging on the second leg... I thought I was playing Championship Manager when I saw tonight's result, then remembered that somehow Burton had got to the semi, good luck to them, but it makes for a dull match-up, unless you're spread betting the score?

Phil won’t replace David, that’ll be his namesake. But he’ll find a place in the side.
Brahim Diaz left for his own reasons. £22.5 million is fair enough. He isn’t the first. Remember Sturridge? Ended up a sick note bit player. Sancho is getting ridiculous press here. His own manager says he isn’t ready for a full place in the team. Denis Suarez is another, As is Adrien Rabot. Wanted to move on.
As Pep says, don’t want to stay - I don’t want you.

Nice to see both Carabao Cup semi's are hinging on the second leg... I thought I was playing Championship Manager when I saw tonight's result, then remembered that somehow Burton had got to the semi, good luck to them, but it makes for a dull match-up, unless you're spread betting the score?

Spare a thought for the Burton fans who couldn't even get there after the chaos on the M6. Some just heading back after only getting as far as Stoke.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-46815584

Phil won’t replace David, that’ll be his namesake. But he’ll find a place in the side.
Brahim Diaz left for his own reasons. £22.5 million is fair enough. He isn’t the first. Remember Sturridge? Ended up a sick note bit player. Sancho is getting ridiculous press here. His own manager says he isn’t ready for a full place in the team. Denis Suarez is another, As is Adrien Rabot. Wanted to move on.
As Pep says, don’t want to stay - I don’t want you.

Where do you see his role? He's such a fluid player, head always on the swivel so he knows where the play is and where his next pass is before he even gets the ball.

Probably - but don't forget Burton have home advantage for the 2nd leg.

Burton will have an advantage, but only for 10 mins before City score.....

I would rather hope that Pep does stick to his guns and fields a comparable side for the second leg, a new record for an aggregate goal difference would be good, but mainly because players like Jesus need to get into the habit of scoring on a regular basis.....

Burton will have an advantage, but only for 10 mins before City score.....

I would rather hope that Pep does stick to his guns and fields a comparable side for the second leg, a new record for an aggregate goal difference would be good, but mainly because players like Jesus need to get into the habit of scoring on a regular basis.....
I agree but mainly for the reason that it would be nice for the Burton faithful to witness top players up close and would also provide some consolation for those who travelled but were unable to get to the match last night.

I agree but mainly for the reason that it would be nice for the Burton faithful to witness top players up close and would also provide some consolation for those who travelled but were unable to get to the match last night.
Good point. The beauty of the FA cup is that these teams, and their fans, get a chance to play and see the famous teams and their best players. And miracles do sometimes happen. As a City supporter I hope it doesn't! But my wife and I were both cheering on the Albion players last night; they were hammered in the end but kept trying. Good for them. I have never played football, so I wonder what it is like for the players as the goals go in. If they get subbed off are they relieved or disappointed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back