advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day for Hammers and Saints fans! Heroic defense by both squads.

Liverpool was not at their best today, but give Brighton credit. They played tough and defended their home turf well.

Last edited:
You beat me then. I think they did both Youngs, a Red and a stronger blue I believe, a good old trad bitter.

Only pub I ever used in Wheathampstead, on the Welwyn road, now an Italian restuarant I guess.

Bloss
Youngs Ordinary and Special.
I had the great pleasure of drinking in the brewery bar with John Young after a brewery visit. A real character is an understatement. Such a lovely guy. We had a few rounds!

Solskjaer wins again, and this time has been tested, and not been found wanting. … shame united waited so long to make the change,

Interesting weekend, had to laugh at Frank Lampard moaning about morals etc regarding Bielsa sending a spy to watch Derby train. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he a member of the team when the Special One was sneaked in using the laundry basket plus AVB also was quite open about his spying missions for Chelsea...... Would bring up JT but ....... .. Moral compasss

:D Rashford's goal was great and it is good to see Spurs lose again. It's turning into a bit of a habit. Chelsea should go above them in the next few weeks and kick them out of the Carabao Cup. It couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of people.

Jack
I dislike Chelsea and I dislike Man Utd yet I still like that post.

Solskjaer wins again, and this time has been tested, and not been found wanting. … shame united waited so long to make the change,

Might not have worked until Maureen had pissed them off enough though...
Ironic that the main beneficiary is Liverpool.

Might not have worked until Maureen had pissed them off enough though...
Ironic that the main beneficiary is Liverpool.

The main beneficiary is Man United, dragging them closer to fourth place, beyond that, there's a long way to go before anybody wins the title. I remember Liverpool finishing third in a two horse race that they were competing in one season, so nothing is a given.

Chelsea have got Higuain on loan from Juventus/AC Milan for the rest of the season and the term might be extended. https://www.skysports.com/football/...agree-gonzalo-higuain-loan-deal-with-juventus

Sarri would like him to play against the Arses this weekend. It will be interesting to see if the Sarri-Higuain chemistry still works. The striker scored 37 goals, I think it was, in 35 games at Napoli a few years ago. This was a Serie A record. However he has only got 8 for AC Milan this season in 20 matches.

Chelsea have signed strikers in the past, who have failed almost completely to help the club. Radamel Falcao and Torres are two examples. Falcao is on his way to AC Milan to replace Higuain funnily enough.

We bought Torres for a British record of 50 million quid. He was with us for years and didn't score many goals. Torres did however get one against Barca in extra time, which got us into The Champions League Final in 2012.

Sarri seems to have charmed Chelsea's Russian Iron Lady director, Marina Granovskaia, to change her mind. I'm glad we've got Higuain, but only on loan.

Andy Cole and Tim Sherwood on Sky think Higuain will do well. Sherwood says Spurs players are probably complaining they didn't try and get him, because Kane is out for 11 games. The difference is Spurs don't have Sarri and didn't want to spend the money.

Jack

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back