advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread Pt II

UK vs Italy. Spain vs Germany. Final in Kiev.

Klopp is understandably downplaying the Roma draw, but it is still a positive for LFC.

On paper the draw that Liverpool wanted, but i'd write off Roma at your peril. Will be an interesting pair of semi's.

I know it will just not happen in my ideal football world of seventy odd years of supporting my team but now that we have just one team in the CL should we not put all the bitter and twisted stuff aside and support Liverpool's effort......Oh well at least I tried.

I know it will just not happen in my ideal football world of seventy odd years of supporting my team but now that we have just one team in the CL should we not put all the bitter and twisted stuff aside and support Liverpool's effort......Oh well at least I tried.

I hope that you're cheering on Millwall for promotion, seeing as they are a London club, Palacefan? ;)

I hope that you're cheering on Millwall for promotion, seeing as they are a London club, Palacefan? ;)
Do not have a problem with Millwall they have been rivals with Palace for a long time....but as their fans admit and take great pleasure in saying nobody likes them.

They claim a rivalry with the Hammers but they have only played each other about six times since WW1

With this talk of fans putting aside rivalries (as if) I wonder how the most bitter rivalry in British football will pan out tomorrow in the semi-final of the Scottish Cup? Open bigotry has died down up here, but a look at some of the forums, will show that one side of the Great Divide, after years in the wilderness, are in no mood to tone things down as they still have totally unrealistic expectations. The last time they got into the latter stages of the cup (2 years ago), they got beat and rioted. Won't be very surprised if they get beat by Celtic and there is some nasty behaviour on display. Celtic have not been playing at their best for some time, and although firm favourites, there can be little certainty about the outcome. Whatever the score no decent fan wants to see any ugly scenes at the game or in the surrounding area.

It will be Chelsea against Utd in the FA Cup Final. The Blues will win. Spurs will give us a big laugh and go home trophyless once more.

Chelsea were 2 - 0 down at Southampton today and came back to win 2 - 3. Giroud scored a couple as a sub, and Hazard got the third, all within 9 minutes in the second half. Not bad. Just a shame about the games we lost and drew during the season.

Which international manager will come to Chelsea next season and what will we win?

No doubt the tedious "No you can't have that player and shut up about our transfer system" palaver will start again.

In the meantime Chelsea are still the Premier League Champions, even though City easily beat a plodding Spurs this evening.

Jack

Last edited:
I have tickets for the Spurs game Saturday evening- thought it was going to be a bit of a damp squib but not so sure now.

Masterclass from City.
As normal they could have been out of sight if Sterling could finish better.

It will be Chelsea against Utd in the FA Cup Final. The Blues will win. Spurs will give us a big laugh and go home trophyless once more.

Chelsea were 2 - 0 down at Southampton today and came back to win 2 - 3. Giroud scored a couple as a sub, and Hazard got the third, all within 9 minutes in the second half. Not bad. Just a shame about the games we lost and drew during the season.

Which international manager will come to Chelsea next season and what will we win?

No doubt the tedious "No you can't have that player and shut up about our transfer system" palaver will start again.

In the meantime Chelsea are still the Premier League Champions, even though City easily beat a plodding Spurs this evening.

Jack
I was at St Mary's yesterday, and Chelsea were poor for an hour. Our quality in the box pulled us through in the end, but for 60 minutes it was a difficult watch.

Agree about the whole manager/transfer policy thing. No doubt we'll get a new manager and some new signings over the summer, then go on to a good season, followed up by no further development, a crap season and then another manager and some new signings etc etc.

I know we're supposed to buy into the whole tribal/ support your team no matter what thing, and I expect I still will, but I do wonder why sometimes.

I know we're supposed to buy into the whole tribal/ support your team no matter what thing, and I expect I still will, but I do wonder why sometimes.

Know what you mean. It was only when Giroud was brought on for Morata that Chelsea woke up. Some of the players were apathetic before then.

The pattern of getting a new manager, winning trophies, followed by destructive arguments, has happened so often it's not even laughable any more. I tend to just switch off.

There is however a chance of us winning The FA Cup. It would be great to metaphorically kick Mourinho in the teeth now that he is old, grey, unshaven and inelegant.

Jack

Last edited:
That's 10 games in a row since Ranjurs last beat Celtic. 4-0 today and it could have been more, they are rank, but their fans still think they are 'the most successful team in the world'.

advertisement

Back