advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread Pt II

That's 10 games in a row since Ranjurs last beat Celtic. 4-0 today and it could have been more, they are rank, but their fans still think they are 'the most successful team in the world'.
Yeah, like the Roman Empire was the greatest empire ever.

Chris

Congratulations Man City and Pep, worthy Champions... Win one more title and you'll be level on title wins with Phillip Neville.

Oh well, Chelsea are no long Champions of the Premier League. City have finally done it thanks to the help of miserable Mourinho's Utd, who have been beaten by bottom of the table West Brom.

That's cheered me up.

Jack

It got too much for some at OT today

Da2EYV4WAAEYubu.jpg

Rangers (aka Dysfunctional Utd) have just suspended two players for allegedly assaulting the manager after Sunday's thrashing by Celtic. Another two were reported for fighting in the tunnel. The caretaker manager is expected to lose his job at the end of the season and the club owner is in South Africa where he hides most of the time most. This is a club whose fans expected them to win a cup and come at least second in the league. They are without any strategy for the future, no team (half are loanees and the other the half are rank), no manager for next season and absolutely no money, but fans who expect success in Europe! I suspect they have a long way to travel before there is even a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Ever since Craig Whyte took over the club almost 7 years using the season ticket money from the club they have been beset by dodgy characters wanting control and wasting millions on players. They will have difficulties in getting any money into the club and may not be financially viable in a year or two.

You reap just what you sow.

Rangers (aka Dysfunctional Utd) have just suspended two players for allegedly assaulting the manager after Sunday's thrashing by Celtic. Another two were reported for fighting in the tunnel. The caretaker manager is expected to lose his job at the end of the season and the club owner is in South Africa where he hides most of the time most. This is a club whose fans expected them to win a cup and come at least second in the league. They are without any strategy for the future, no team (half are loanees and the other the half are rank), no manager for next season and absolutely no money, but fans who expect success in Europe! I suspect they have a long way to travel before there is even a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Ever since Craig Whyte took over the club almost 7 years using the season ticket money from the club they have been beset by dodgy characters wanting control and wasting millions on players. They will have difficulties in getting any money into the club and may not be financially viable in a year or two.

You reap just what you sow.

The fans keep on hoping for a Mike Ashley to come in and buy the club and inject a shitload of cash into the club, but it is not going to happen.

Just go onto the fan fora and sample the hatred and bigotry on open display. What organisation in it's right mind would want to be associated with that? It makes all sorts of commercial sense to be associated with an organisation which will alienate a large proportion of the Scottish population. Not.

Chris

I don't know why their fan forums have not led to prosecutions or at least closed down given the bigotry which is, as you say, openly displayed. Its quietened down a bit since it became clear they can't blame anyone except themselves for the current mess, but in the past, they have been only too willing to post the following kind of crap.

Only read this if you are not easily offended; http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/310049-when-your-sondaughter-marries-a-celtic-fan/

PS some people might think the two sets of fans are the same as each other, that is absolutely not the case.

I don't know why their fan forums have not led to prosecutions or at least closed down given the bigotry which is, as you say, openly displayed. Its quietened down a bit since it became clear they can't blame anyone except themselves for the current mess, but in the past, they have been only too willing to post the following kind of crap.

Only read this if you are not easily offended; http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/310049-when-your-sondaughter-marries-a-celtic-fan/

PS some people might think the two sets of fans are the same as each other, that is absolutely not the case.

Oh, I don't know about that. There are plenty of rabid anti-Protestant Celtic fans out there. Nowhere near as many as the Rangers variety, admittedly, but enough.

The western central belt would be a better place without either of the clubs, to be brutally honest.
Chris

I remember the uproar in Manchester when Celtic fans gathered on mass and sang IRA songs, not a great move considering the Arndale bombing. Celtic have their faults too, it’s not all one way traffic.

"There are plenty of rabid anti-Protestant Celtic fans out there. Nowhere near as many as the Rangers variety, admittedly, but enough." There are probably some rabid Celtic fans out there, but unlike the Sons of William, you won't see much on social media. If the forums reflect the mindset of the fans (and I think they are a good indication) then the bile and hatred is mostly in one direction.

I remember the uproar in Manchester when Celtic fans gathered on mass and sang IRA songs, not a great move considering the Arndale bombing. Celtic have their faults too, it’s not all one way traffic.
I agree.

Back on topic...

Good point for the Seagulls last night.

Disappointing goal to give away (we seem to be making a habit of that at the moment) but excellent immediate response. Good to see Groß taking the penalty instead of that useless lump Murray.

We should now be safe as Stoke and Southampton both need 9 points to overtake us. The 40 point target for safety is a myth.

We've still got a horrible run in. On paper the 'easiest' game is away to Burnley but we may be able to pick up another point or two.

"On paper the 'easiest' game is away to Burnley but we may be able to pick up another point or two."

Best of luck with that.

advertisement

Back