advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread Pt II

That's an interesting read. I was expecting to see Man United at number one from recent history, but only number three, however 'Dirty Leeds' taking the accolade I get, shame though, because that team actually played some good stuff. MK Dons at number two, really? Chelsea were being touted as most hated when Romans millions were reaping their most rewards, but now that has simmered down a bit, and City will probably be next, 'we' don't like a winner in this country for long.

That's an interesting read. I was expecting to see Man United at number one from recent history, but only number three, however 'Dirty Leeds' taking the accolade I get, shame though, because that team actually played some good stuff. MK Dons at number two, really? Chelsea were being touted as most hated when Romans millions were reaping their most rewards, but now that has simmered down a bit, and City will probably be next, 'we' don't like a winner in this country for long.

I am not sure I see City as the next most hated team.. They play a style of football which is wonderful to watch so from a neutral perspective I see them more likely as everyone second favourite team.
I don't get any enjoyment watching Real Madrid/PSG as they are barely classifiable as team just a collection of very talented individuals.
I dont mind Mourinho as he one of the strongest minded managers I have seen who doesn't care who he upsets as long as he wins.

Man United were poor tonight, never got going. No passion, no control, it looked as though they'd not played in the Champions League before, never mind with each other.

Man United were poor tonight, never got going. No passion, no control, it looked as though they'd not played in the Champions League before, never mind with each other.
That's the Mourinho effect, players out of position or not given a proper role to match their strengths. He gets a plan in his head and the players have to conform regardless. I wouldn't put money on him staying another season - he'll lose the dressing room and the team will go down the pan.

Apologies to Chelsea fans, you've suffered enough tonight without the above link. :)

He's on the defensive. Parking his verbal bus. Lucky against Liverpool. Found out re Sevilla. It's like Conte's "It's not fair" rant in reverse.

...anyone got any idea what Mourinho's on about?

He was booed by Utd fans at the end of the Sevilla game and now is having a half-baked rant to justify his approach. He is too arrogant to attempt self-examination.

I notice that the Sevilla team that would walk into Maureen’s side lost 5-1at Eibar today!

advertisement

Back