advertisement

Mr Bates vs the Post Office

You don’t usually get to run the Post Office after ‘an unremarkable business career’.

She was a director in the PO already and would have had a seat on the board. It's equally likely that, given the board knew of the problems when the CEO left, she was the only one of the lot prepared to be in charge knowing it was always going to be a case of 'when' not 'if' the story got out.

How do those who knew absolutely that this software was not fit for use, caused false figures, live with themselves / sleep at night?
Vennells, Parker, Davey, Bradshaw et al.
Do they have any moral compass whatsoever? -
I'm guessing if they do, it points in different directions to most of the UK population.
More likely pointing to "money lies this way"?

How do those who knew absolutely that this software was not fit for use, caused false figures, live with themselves / sleep at night?

Had to do some personality evaluation training years ago so that you could understand the person you were dealing with and how to talk or interact with them.

The thing I remember is that CEOs and senior leadership positions often have strong indicators of psychopathy or sociopathy.

I think the PO culture was basically the SPMs were a bunch of thieves and that they (PO) done a good job in finding and convicting them.

I’ve no doubt that a lot of those involved on the PO side still think this and they use the convictions and admissions of guilt by the SPMs as a comfort blanket to tell themselves that they were right.

I think this issue will take a long time to resolve.

Doesn't make sense, in what world would someone look at her CV and think she would be corporate shit umbrella.

An anglican priest
commercial director for whitbread
sales director for Dixons and Argos
Joined the PO as a group director

If you saw that on linkedin I certainly wouldn't think "an unremarkable business career"

I think the truth is that as CEO she was corrupt and wanted to keep her job and to do so was willing to be complicit in the cover up. I don't think there was anything ulterior in promoting her, it was just good luck for them she happened to be a ****
Simple fact is that she was being paid by the PO so she will do what’s best for her employer. This is how business works. Whistleblowers never come out of it well so a culture of protectionism is engendered.

I personally do not see them thinking that all those SPO & PO's were all thieves at all, I believe they were seen as mere folks who could be made to take the fall for the serious inadequacies of those who were there to make serious profit from a product, and that product was simply not fit for purpose.
It simply spread like a cancer from there.
They simply have no thought at all for what those who's lives have been stolen, taken, nor how they move forward.
Not a trace of real repentance / contrition to be seen yet.
I am doubting any will be seen.

I personally do not see them thinking that all those SPO & PO's were all thieves at all, I believe they were seen as mere folks who could be made to take the fall for the serious inadequacies of those who were there to make serious profit from a product, and that product was simply not fit for purpose.
It simply spread like a cancer from there.
They simply have no thought at all for what those who's lives have been stolen, taken, nor how they move forward.
Not a trace of real repentance / contrition to be seen yet.
I am doubting any will be seen.

The investigators (some of then) were ex police and incentivised they took everything from people so it’s easy to see how they started believing people were guilty.

Some of them need to prosecuted for what they put people through.

The writer of the ITV series, Gwyneth Hughes says she's been offered more stories of miscarriages of justice, even greater than this one.
It's been revealed that on the eve of transmission, ITV bosses told those involved that they feared that it wouldn't do well as not many people would watch it.
Shows how close TV execs, are to the views of the public, as to what is worth watching,

The investigators... took everything from people

Or just doing their job and being seen to do their job.

The shite seems spread far and wide in this one, not just emanating from morons at the bottom of the pile.

Or just doing their job and being seen to do their job.

The shite seems spread far and wide in this one, not just emanating from morons at the bottom of the pile.

they were on 40% bonus of what they recovered under the proceeds of crime actions.

Yes, they were incentivised, they were also well aware of the fact that the program could and was giving false results.
They were also aware that the veracity of the Horizon program could not be called into disrepute (why would the PO have that passed to law before it went live?)
They also were able to make it nigh on impossible for defendants to get data from the program.
They also offered lesser fines / verdicts should the defendant sign that they believed Horizon was not at fault.

The investigators just wanted results and 'their' money.
I doubt they cared whether guilty or not, even if they thought not guilty was likely.
We are discussing semantics here.

they were on 40% bonus of what they recovered under the proceeds of crime actions.
Steve Bradshaw, who is an honourable man, said that was not so. What he said in evidence was that a bonus was paid whether you had many recoveries of money, or a few, or none at all and Steve Bradshaw is an honourable man...

Steve Bradshaw, who is an honourable man, said that was not so. What he said in evidence was that a bonus was paid whether you had many recoveries of money, or a few, or none at all and Steve Bradshaw is an honourable man...
O judgment! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason.

Reactions: Cav
53468897842_0694ce01fa_z.jpg

I'm digressing here.

I'm with Virgin Media.
Three weeks ago, I swopped over from two of their Tivo TV boxes which we'd had for years, as the pictures occasionally were pixilated (apparently it happens when these get old), to two interactive Virgin 360 boxes.
This involves a main box in one room for that TV and a satellite box in another room for that TV. All programmes can be scheduled on either box, but the programmes are stored on the main box.
Over the last three days I've had two problems with the satellite box.
First it wouldn't play any recordings. I reported that and it got fixed.
Today, it won't record and won't delete anything.
I've reported that and they say they are aware of it and trying to fix it.

Guess what system it uses?

Go on!

Horizon!

Explosive report leading Channel Four News’s 7pm broadcast, presenting compelling evidence that both the Post Office and Fujitsu were aware as early as 2013 that Horizon was faulty.

Explosive report leading Channel Four News’s 7pm broadcast, presenting compelling evidence that both the Post Office and Fujitsu were aware as early as 2013 that Horizon was faulty.
Of course they did. Cover up. Way back in 2003 they were paying an expert independent witness off according to Computer Weekly. They knew full well. How far up can they chase the knowledge I wonder?

I'm digressing here.

I'm with Virgin Media.
Three weeks ago, I swopped over from two of their Tivo TV boxes which we'd had for years, as the pictures occasionally were pixilated (apparently it happens when these get old), to two interactive Virgin 360 boxes.
This involves a main box in one room for that TV and a satellite box in another room for that TV. All programmes can be scheduled on either box, but the programmes are stored on the main box.
Over the last three days I've had two problems with the satellite box.
First it wouldn't play any recordings. I reported that and it got fixed.
Today, it won't record and won't delete anything.
I've reported that and they say they are aware of it and trying to fix it.

Guess what system it uses?

Go on!

Horizon!

it doesn't use horizon - VM has a product called "Horizon", it couldn't be more different.

advertisement

Back