advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part XXVI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi John,

Apologies for being so late to the party, but would like to be added to the list for an M-DAC2 board upgrade to my current M-DAC.

requirements:

silver finish, Fusion + AV-bypass

I am in Canada, hopefully that does not present a problem.

Cheers

I sent my payment without my pfm name!

I'm guessing that your first name is Giovanni? as there are only two persons who missed adding the information to the PayPal payment - and I know the other by name :)

We will add the missing information once we create the MDAC2 database :)

Hi John,

Apologies for being so late to the party, but would like to be added to the list for an M-DAC2 board upgrade to my current M-DAC.

requirements:

silver finish, Fusion + AV-bypass

I am in Canada, hopefully that does not present a problem.

Cheers

Hopefully not - sending a boring looking PCB over to Canada should be a lot easier then sending a more 'expensive' looking HiFi unit - I've added you to the list (Thank you).

http://mdac2.referata.com/wiki/Main_Page#Pledges_to_support_with_monthly_installments

Thank you :)

I just hope the weather will be good here I'm sure I'll be making many trips up and down the motorway to the SMD vendor!

Here's to the D1 being rebuilt without the CZ having to sell the family silver aka the Budvar brewery to Inbev.

Roger,

I'll be here in Czech - working on the MDAC2 design (anyday is fine with us, we can collect you from a train station in Prostejov or Olomounc).

If you bring your MDAC I can Czech its Master Clock is OK and add some small modifications that should improve your USB performance.

Thanks for that John. I'll bring my MDAC.

Also note my dates have now changed to 25 September to 04 October.

Could you please send me a PM to provide contact details to discuss arrangements outside the forum?

Roger.

I'm guessing that your first name is Giovanni? as there are only two persons who missed adding the information to the PayPal payment - and I know the other by name :)

We will add the missing information once we create the MDAC2 database :)

Ok, perfect.

I'll have final confirmation of pricing for "As New Condition" salvaged units - IAG's UK service is going though all returned stock ATM to ascertain there cosmetic condition etc. ...

The pricing of salvaged units will be around £350.

hallo john

If you look at PFM-classfield ore ebay, a used mdac has a value of 400.- GBP
so, for those who didn't own a upgraded org. MDAC it make sense to order a salvaged MDAC with the new Mdac2 PCB.
that simplify also the upgrade process for the owner...
right?

"As part of the MDAC2 development path I plan to build a prototype of an idea I have for a unique analogue stage, if this idea proves successful then only 4 Bulk foil "Fusion" resistors will be for the "Direct" analogue path - with options to use bulk foils in the more critical "secondary" circuit positions for the "Flagship" spec'ed version.

if I understand you correct, you say that it is unlikely that you could reuse the toy and fusion bulk foils within MDAC2.
right?

if we want to upgrade madac2 with bulk folis, did we have to buy them still separately or did you have all the needed parts?

earlier you wrote, that would like to have tho old mdac pcb's back for reusing some parts of them. is this still your plan?

-------
regards
f.s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back