advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part XXV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few hours.. it should stabilise after the first day...

Perhaps it's just my imagination, or my ears, but I think my 'Toy' has improved over 5 days usage...last night sounding at its best!

Probably just the wine again...;)

John, maybe someone asked this before, but I cannot find it through the thread now. Once you start working with the new PCBs, do we still have to place an order at HFC for the Fusion/Toy resistors?

I have been away from the board for some time as I have been so busy with work lately, I had to do some serious catching up this morning!
I was originally at the top of the upgrade list (pre toy/fusion variants) but had to delay sending my unit due to a suprise break arranged by my partner.
John - we spoke in PM regarding the AV bypass that I required but I now see that this is part of the new spec, will this now be switchable via a discreet remote control code? and will the Output be available via both the Single Ended and Balanced Outputs?

cheers
Martin

I have been away from the board for some time as I have been so busy with work lately, I had to do some serious catching up this morning!
I was originally at the top of the upgrade list (pre toy/fusion variants) but had to delay sending my unit due to a suprise break arranged by my partner.
John - we spoke in PM regarding the AV bypass that I required but I now see that this is part of the new spec, will this now be switchable via a discreet remote control code? and will the Output be available via both the Single Ended and Balanced Outputs?

cheers
Martin

Yes, controlled by Front Panel / Remote control (with discrete code) - and passive Single ended to balance operation (so RCA input, XLR & RCA output pass-though).

Yes, controlled by Front Panel / Remote control (with discrete code) - and passive Single ended to balance operation (so RCA input, XLR & RCA output pass-though).

Excellent, add me to the list for the new PCB with Fusion Spec.

My suggestion for the new model name is UDAC (U standing for unity due to everyone's co-operation in getting this project off the ground)

Gosh - I feel just like just before entering the examination hall for school exams... I hated everyday at school, worst time of my life!

Both MDAC and my poweramp are warming up right now. Will have a quick listen after lunch.

Would it make sense to start putting a list of people interested in refurbished MDACs to be converted by John, as the number of units made available by AUDIOLAB may be limited?

If so, I'd like to be put on the list (This will be ideal for blind testing different versions of the MDAC family, and make sure I'm not going deaf ;) )

I vote for M²-DAC the small 2 is important it trips of the tongue and it's cool and chimes with the Bryston nomenclature if that's worth anything.

Would it make sense to start putting a list of people interested in a refurbished WDAC, as the number of units made available by M-Audio may be limited?

If so, I'd like to be put on the list (This will be ideal for blind testing different versions of the MDAC family, and make sure I'm not going deaf ;) )

I think this needs some editing- the list, if started, would be for refurbished MDACs, which might or might not have the name WDAC after refurbishing.
I agree the supply from AUDIOLAB (M-Audio is a very different company) might be limited.

However, you can edit the Wiki to show your preference; I'm doing this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back