advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00110001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pop over to Czech and visit us if you have no plans :), you can listen to the superior boards etc. we can accommodate you above the lab and your only expense would be getting here and back :)

Unfortunately there are no good flight offers available, except for munich-brno. But then I can also drive to you directly (931km to you vs 799km to munich + ~250€ flight)

How is traffic in Czech?

Well from the Czech boarder to us is about 440km which typically takes about 4 hours as you have to drive round Prague which slows things down alittle...

If you drive at night the journey's much easier and no police on the highways...

As soon as I have the Superior PCB built, I'll work on your MDAC... :)

John, congratulations on the Westlake team’s great progress on so many fronts.
Does that mean that you might have some time to work on my MDAC now?
I would be very grateful indeed if I can have some great-sounding music before my annual binge-music-listening summer holidays come to an end…

John, congratulations on the Westlake team’s great progress on so many fronts.
Does that mean that you might have some time to work on my MDAC now?
I would be very grateful indeed if I can have some great-sounding music before my annual binge-music-listening summer holidays come to an end…

Please remind me - do I have your MDAC here and if so what did I promise to do?

Well from the Czech boarder to us is about 440km which typically takes about 4 hours as you have to drive round Prague which slows things down alittle...

If you drive at night the journey's much easier and no police on the highways...

The good thing would be that I could bring some equipment with me ;)

Did you ever made some measurements of your listening room?

No, not much point as I listen pretty much near field - also I need to put curtains and some soft rugs on the floor before I start to worry about measurements - you will see how it is "when" you come here :)

As I say, travel cost aside, it be a cheap trip, we will look after you while your here :), hey and you can also save on the "return" shipping costs on your MDAC :D

John,

I've just send an email to hificollective since I haven't gotten any tracking information yet. Odd regarding the Priority Courier..

John, my MDAC is with you since july 9 for recapping and repairing NO COMMS error (possibly crystal failure).

Don't worry, your MDAC's safe - I suggest waiting a week or two more and I'll fit the new clock circuit I'm working on.

John,

I've just send an email to hificollective since I haven't gotten any tracking information yet. Odd regarding the Priority Courier..

Yes, no Z-Foils for you arrived today and DHL, PPL, FedEx & the Post office all delivered here today....

It is easier to fly to Prague and catch a train between there and Olomouc. The train journey is just under three hours and costs less than a tenner!

Some things you have to share. I've had the good fortune to see many of my favourite artists perform live. It's a huge regret that I never saw; Free, The Faces and Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac. (I still hope to see the Steve Miller Band.) To the point; this evening I opened up Tidal and decided I fancied some Fleetwood Mac, and there was a "new" live album called Black Magic Woman Live. I was expecting a very dodgy bootleg SQ but in fact its really good. And the music? It's absolutely bloody fantastic. Do yourself for a favour. Get it, put it on and CRANK IT UP 😀😀😀

John where do you live in czech? I am now in Černá v Pošumaví near the Lipno lake ��

We are 15km outside of Olomouc (60km from Brno) - it be great to meet you :) but Google says your 340km away :( (a 3.30 hour drive)

Looking at the map. and your only just over the boarder.... we are on the otherside of the country :( But your more then welcome to visit, and you can stay if your alone (only a single "bed" above the lab).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back