advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00100110)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its worst, this is the labs Main fusebox waiting to be completed :-

Yes, I have been there! :)
Img_1698.jpg

(My barge fitout during the great connection - 12v/24v side)

What is the best solution:to buy usb to spdif convertor for laptop or cd player for mdac?thanks!

Why do you want an USB to SPDIF converter, the MDAC has a inbuilt USB port?

CD is only 44.1KHz 16bits - the MDAC's USB port supports UPTO 96KHz 16Bits

On the mdac display apear 24bit/96 khz but no D3e.it's ok?

Iugel,

what type files are you replay, if CD Wave files then the MDAC should display 44.1KHz / 16Bits (with D3E indicated).

I suspect your computer is up sampling all files to the highest rates supported by the MDAC's USB port - Windows upsampling is not the best, it better to stream "Bit Perfect" data to the MDAC.

I suggest you search your local forums to find-out how to configure your PC for Bit perfect replay.

JohnW

Txs for taking your time to show me your new lab and the MDAC2. I can assure everybody that the board is first class, and it all look's SO exiting.

Could it be ' the last dac you ever need :D ' ( and I have A LOT of them ).

Your new Lab is second to none, and you must have used a small oak forest for it ;).

I promise to call next time im near.

Best

Theis

Theis,

I managed to source x50 Pcs. of those HiRes 100 segment dual Plasma displays for the VFET AMPs we where looking at while you where here - they are 110cm high, so I should be able to reduce the amps to 140mm or so :)

They are dual column with 100 segments each, so I can display output level on one and output current on the second.. etc :)

JohnW

COOL I totally agree that they are 100% fit for the 70' spirit of the VFET amp.
It's going to be so damn cool ( in a hot way of course )

And my good..... all those wires ore now an actual fuse box.... busy weekend i assume.

I managed to source x50 Pcs. of those HiRes 100 segment dual Plasma displays for the VFET AMPs we where looking at while you where here - they are 110cm high, so I should be able to reduce the amps to 140mm or so :)

)[/QUOTE]
John
how does this affect the heat sink design?
Ian

Ian,

I can now reduce the heatsink height to 140mm which looks better balanced now (and depth extended to 400mm) which gives me the extra space to mount the regulators for the low level circuits etc. on the heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back