advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00100000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fred,

You can operate with keyboard, Mouse + Monitor, or Without (as headless unit) its only down to the choice of application and software.

I'm not sure what your asking for - but it does not matter as the MDAC2 L4 is ultimately very flexible, and can be optimised for almost any application.

Also, the media player does not need to natively support "DSD" to playback DSD files as DSD can be packaged as standard PCM files - the player behaves as if its replaying PCM files, but unbeknown to the software the files is in fact DSD Data. The MDAC2 will detect this "Spoofed" PCM embedded DSD data and decode accordingly.

I still can't send you a message, the 2 spaces in your in box must have filled very quickly

Unless it's really really private, you could always try asking the question here. Most of the answers have already appeared within these threads several times

There never was an 'original upgrade board'. Any upgrades were done to the board itself within each individual unit.

If you want the 'original upgrade' then laviefacile has his unit for sale.

The mdac2 (which doesn't yet exist and therefore isn't yet available) will be based on upgrade boards

John,

Do you have any of the original upgrade boards left for the Mdac?

icnoble,

The original Toy / Fusion upgrades where based upon hand modifications to the original MDAC PCB.

Due to undesirable production variance between the original units - the modifications ended up taking about 5 days for each PCB - this was crazy - and despite my best efforts there was still a variance between PCB even after the rebuild / modifications.

The whole saga drove me to despair - and to remedy the situation the MDAC2 project was conceived, owners of Toy / Fusion units quality for an MDAC2 L1 "At Cost" as a way to say "well I did not get it 100% perfect the first time, hopefully these new PCB's will make up for it" :)

The MDAC2 will be in a totally different league in every respect....

Hi John with all the discussion about enhanced capabilities of MDAC2, I was just thinking about some of the simple/more complex ways to control it

With my MDAC, sometimes I just listen to Radioparadise - removing the need to make any decisions at all, other times I'll queue a few albums on VLC and find myself using the MDAC remote simply to skip around the different songs, listening 2 or 3 times to favourites -that sort of thing.

Will you continue to support the basic remote functionality of the current MDAC remote on the MDAC2?

What about 3rd party remotes - any thoughts there to using a more capable device, to control some of the additional functionality of the MDAC2?

For example with the DSP functionality, I think you'd mentioned previously the ability to implement something like the Quad tilt function as well as room correction.

Could those be remote controlled with a 3rd party remote somehow?

Rear panel space is gong to be an issue, maybe the L4 version will have only a couple SPDIF inputs and an output - the rest dedicated to the USB / MicroSOM ports :-

2x USB "A" (Host)

1x RJ45

HDMI

SD Card Slot

Maybe WiFi Antenna (I'm not sure if we will include internal WiFi, depends on screening and emission)

Power connector for the MicroSOM section

----------------------

USB 2.0 "B" port (for USB audio streaming).

Clock-Lock Optical Output

Optical SPDIF Output

Coax SPDIF input

Optical SPDIF input

2x 3.5mm RC Bus

Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze the above onto the MDAC2's Rear Panel (Digital Board).

I will really miss the coax SPDIF out

Has any paired an MDAC with a full Win 8 (not RT) tablet like the Toshiba Encore or Dell Venue Pro line running an Atom chip and used USB digital out for their sound from WASAPI JRiver or Foobar, or perhaps Squeezelite?

Its been adequate but I am thinking of moving on from the iPad and Digital Dock and iPeng to something better, especially if I could use the USB volume control right from the app itself, vs. fiddling with the MDAC remote. I want a table for the built-in screen so it can act as a head unit vs. something like a Raspberry Pi or small box like that.

Rear panel space is gong to be an issue, maybe the L4 version will have only a couple SPDIF inputs and an output - the rest dedicated to the USB / MicroSOM ports :-

2x USB "A" (Host)

1x RJ45

HDMI

SD Card Slot

Maybe WiFi Antenna (I'm not sure if we will include internal WiFi, depends on screening and emission)

Power connector for the MicroSOM section

----------------------

USB 2.0 "B" port (for USB audio streaming).

Clock-Lock Optical Output

Optical SPDIF Output

Coax SPDIF input

Optical SPDIF input

2x 3.5mm RC Bus

Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze the above onto the MDAC2's Rear Panel (Digital Board).

Will it still have an analogue in?

Will it still have an analogue in?
I preseme that anlog ins will remain, but I'm getting a tiny bit confused. isn't the L3 supposed to have a sort of pod attached for additional inputs.

Is that still going to be the case once it goes L4 or the the pod going to disappear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back