advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00100000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question re the L4. My audio files are on a discrete server in another room. It is networked by Ethernet cable to my central router. My audio PC ( which connects to my MDAC via USB) is similarly networked via Ethernet cable.
My router only has Ethernet connections and so how would I connect my MDAC L4 to my server? Would I have to run a USB cable directly from the server to the MDAC? I would still need my server to be networked so that I could upload new audio files to it, so presumably I would still have it connected to my router via Ethernet. Or is there a better way to sort the problem?

Hi,

are we going to support CSR aptX® codec via Bluetooth? (MDAC2 L2+)

I just had a chance to listen to Sennheiser MM 400-X with my Galaxy S5 and it sounded fantastic taken it's lossy nature.

And since we are all dedicated to deliver the best possible audio experience with this project, this is the must have feature for our BT!

branisla^

Another question re the L4. My audio files are on a discrete server in another room. It is networked by Ethernet cable to my central router. My audio PC ( which connects to my MDAC via USB) is similarly networked via Ethernet cable.
My router only has Ethernet connections and so how would I connect my MDAC L4 to my server? Would I have to run a USB cable directly from the server to the MDAC? I would still need my server to be networked so that I could upload new audio files to it, so presumably I would still have it connected to my router via Ethernet. Or is there a better way to sort the problem?

I think the idea is to add an RJ45 Ethernet jack to the rear panel (or L3 breakout box). Both compute modules (RPi and MiniSom) have Ethernet.

I think the idea is to add an RJ45 Ethernet jack to the rear panel (or L3 breakout box). Both compute modules (RPi and MiniSom) have Ethernet.

John
If that is right, would that connection be asynchronous like the current USB input? Or have I just demostrated my ignorance and in fact it is not relevant to that stage of the data chain?
Ian

John

If that is right, would that connection be asynchronous like the current USB input? Or have I just demostrated my ignorance and in fact it is not relevant to that stage of the data chain?

Ian
better than USB- It would be properly asynchronous unlike audio USB (which is as I understand it a real time stream with a speed control and no error correction and retransmission ) and galvanically isolated too (I think).

Connect via RJ45 Ethernet cable :)

John
Ian

The internal "Streamer" would be Clock-locked to the MDAC2's Audio clock.

Hi,

are we going to support CSR aptX® codec via Bluetooth? (MDAC2 L2+)

I just had a chance to listen to Sennheiser MM 400-X with my Galaxy S5 and it sounded fantastic taken it's lossy nature.

And since we are all dedicated to deliver the best possible audio experience with this project, this is the must have feature for our BT!

branisla^

Sorry no aptX, not unless you want to pay US$5000 for a single device licence + certification costs...

I think John is going to have to build an extension to his lab to cope with the demand for the L4 :D

All that needs to be designed now is a cut down version of the Mdac with no on board oled but controlled by a wireless connection with a built in streamer that's in a small enough form to be bolted on the back of some active speakers. Don't need a Hifi rack then , just the speakers :D:D

I think John is going to have to build an extension to his lab to cope with the demand for the L4 :D

Hey my "new" lab is 4.5m X 4.5m I'm SURE plenty big enough! :( But rest assured as soon as Renata's completed her university (4 years to go :( ), I'm moving to the mountains!

If somebody could help me on this. Is it true or false?

Somebody told me that certain (didn't tell which exactly) Mdac Firmware is "no good", lower Dac performance and return to the original one (apparently the best) is difficult and cost money. That's what I was told. Don't shoot the messenger :)

Many,many thanks,

Ps Whole Mdac thread is way too long to find it out in less than a year :)

If somebody could help me on this. Is it true or false?
False

Somebody told me that certain (didn't tell which exactly) Mdac Firmware is "no good", lower Dac performance
That's all a matter of personal preference.
There are a few versions to try. The rest can be ignored because they've been superceded in various ways
I use one of the latest versions (can't remember which) as my preference

and return to the original one (apparently the best) is difficult and cost money. That's what I was told. Don't shoot the messenger :)
Easy and free.
(with a PC and a USB cable)

John, I have sent you a message about getting my recently purchased Mdac upgraded. Unfortunately your in box is full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back