Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

LP12 Karousel Upgrade

Discussion in 'audio' started by Confirm74, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Confirm74

Confirm74 Well-Known Member

Has anyone had this upgrade and can you hear a big difference?

2. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

There’s a long thread on this already if you do a search. Lots of replies - believers and non believers.
    Of course it makes a difference but without knowing what you have already, impossible to comment on how much

Check out the previous thread and you’ll see heaps of feedback

3. matfff

matfff pfm Member

Yes & yes. Agree with ex brickie, do a search!

4. Confirm74

Confirm74 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice i will try and find the original thread

5. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

6. cobbers

cobbers pfm Member

7. Engels

Engels pfm Member

yes and yes (but do look at the other thread(s))

8. JezmondTutu

JezmondTutu pfm Member

I’m pondering a Karousel + Majik subchassis

9. John Channing

John Channing fruit box forever

What was wrong with the previous Cirkus bearing, that already was machined to state-of-the-art tolerances and had rumble below the audible threshold? I guess nothing, other than that it wasn't making Linn a big enough ticket price.

chris@panteg and Mynamemynaim like this.
  10. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

It was state of the art 28 years ago.

Wolfmancatsup and Charlie_1 like this.
  11. matfff

matfff pfm Member

Lol, no ones forcing you to buy it!

Tarzan and JezmondTutu like this.
  12. John Channing

John Channing fruit box forever

Good one! The Linn marketing department is filled with geniuses, they know their target market so well.

chris@panteg likes this.
  13. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

That's just not true. That bearing was not silent and was less sophisticated than the bearings used by most other hi-end turntable manufacturers. I have little doubt the Karousel will be better.

I've only heard of a couple of people not convinced. The overwhelming majority of buyers are very happy with it indeed.

Miss Ariel likes this.
  14. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

I agree. All I was saying is that there are many non-believers. Probably those who haven’t heard it.

15. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

Ah, I thought you meant people who'd tried it and didn't like it.

16. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

I agree with you - not many of those. You’d need cloth around your ears to not hear a big improvement

Musicman19 likes this.
  17. Musicman19

Musicman19 Active Member

Best value upgrade I've done in years more profound than the lingo 4 kore upgrade i did the previous year.

Miss Ariel likes this.
  18. Ron Ellis

Ron Ellis Ronaudio

One of my ears is cloth, since my hiking accident, whereby I fractured my stapes bone, and the other ear, high frequencies attenuated through age, but even with my compromised hearing, the improvement with the karousel is profound, and easy to hear.

19. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

Just an addendum as I have been listening over the Easter weekend and I strongly feel having lived with the Karousel for a few months now that my previous remarks just didn’t amply convey the size of the improvement this upgrade brings.

It’s gargantuan, titanic, immense, revolutionary!

Thorn likes this.
  20. Miss Ariel

Miss Ariel pfm Member

Having mine fitted shortly and quite excited.Only downside I will be without my LP12 for a couple of weeks :( but do have a Technics 1210 to fall back on so not all bad.
    Loved my LP12 before so really looking forward to getting it back and going threw the racks !