advertisement

LP12 Karousel Upgrade

There’s a long thread on this already if you do a search. Lots of replies - believers and non believers.
Of course it makes a difference but without knowing what you have already, impossible to comment on how much

Check out the previous thread and you’ll see heaps of feedback

What was wrong with the previous Cirkus bearing, that already was machined to state-of-the-art tolerances and had rumble below the audible threshold? I guess nothing, other than that it wasn't making Linn a big enough ticket price.

What was wrong with the previous Cirkus bearing, that already was machined to state-of-the-art tolerances and had rumble below the audible threshold?

That's just not true. That bearing was not silent and was less sophisticated than the bearings used by most other hi-end turntable manufacturers. I have little doubt the Karousel will be better.

Lots of replies - believers and non believers.

I've only heard of a couple of people not convinced. The overwhelming majority of buyers are very happy with it indeed.

I agree with you - not many of those. You’d need cloth around your ears to not hear a big improvement

One of my ears is cloth, since my hiking accident, whereby I fractured my stapes bone, and the other ear, high frequencies attenuated through age, but even with my compromised hearing, the improvement with the karousel is profound, and easy to hear.

Just an addendum as I have been listening over the Easter weekend and I strongly feel having lived with the Karousel for a few months now that my previous remarks just didn’t amply convey the size of the improvement this upgrade brings.

It’s gargantuan, titanic, immense, revolutionary!

Just an addendum as I have been listening over the Easter weekend and I strongly feel having lived with the Karousel for a few months now that my previous remarks just didn’t amply convey the size of the improvement this upgrade brings.

It’s gargantuan, titanic, immense, revolutionary!

Having mine fitted shortly and quite excited.Only downside I will be without my LP12 for a couple of weeks :( but do have a Technics 1210 to fall back on so not all bad.
Loved my LP12 before so really looking forward to getting it back and going threw the racks !

advertisement

Back