advertisement

Islamophobia rife in the Conservative party

Source: Private Eye no. 1500

thumbnail.jpg

Bumping a thread on Tory islamophobia to complain that Labour supporters keep trying to deflect attention onto Tory Islamophobia.

Q: What happens in the PPPs when Conservatives deflect re: Islamophobia, and Labour deflects re: anti-Semitism?

A: Nothing. The anti-Semitism and Islamophobia problems continue.

Last edited:
Source: Private Eye no. 1500

thumbnail.jpg

Q: What happens in the PPPs when Conservative supporters deflect re: Islamophobia, and Labour supporters deflect re: anti-Semitism?

A: Nothing. The anti-Semitism and Islamophobia problems continue.
Exactly, and I think some of the fishie crazies would rather the hate continues and contributes to the parties imploding, rather than the parties eradicate the hate.

Once again the lack of traffic here, given the lil' fish who along with me are no doubt genuinely concerned about the topic, is a puzzle.

btw not you Stephen :=)

Good idea Kendo! Here is the belated news ...

Muslim Conservatives speak out after criticism of the party over Islamophobia

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-po...fter-criticism-of-the-party-over-islamophobia

edit: Why aren't the Con lil' fish all over this thread denying, deflecting, and generally getting their knickers in a twist about these Islamophobia problems?

Perhaps they have enough intelligence/maturity to comprehend that bigotry is bad, and ultimately self-defeating for their PPPs election prospects?
tbf maybe they are simply keeping a low profile due to soooooooooo many years of tory gov' omnishables.

Last edited:
Once again the lack of traffic here, given the lil' fish who along with me are no doubt genuinely concerned about the topic, is a puzzle.

btw not you Stephen :=)

I suspect it's a case of

Islamophobia rife in the Conservative party — "Well, yes, of course it is. What's new?"

vs.

AntiSemitism in the Labour Party — "What? How how the fwck did that happen?"

Stephen

I suspect it's a case of

Islamophobia rife in the Conservative party — "Well, yes, of course it is. What's new?"

vs.

AntiSemitism in the Labour Party — "What? How how the fwck did that happen?"

Stephen
Also a case of Tories not calling up journalists to talk about it, and British journalists lacking the will to investigate on their own. The BBC's reflexive instinct to defend the Conservative party is also in the mix.

Perhaps I am a feeble minded idiot and lack the perceptive and intellectual skills that some of the more erstwhile and regular posters on this forum have. No doubt someone will be along shortly to inform me that that is just wishful thinking on my part and that I am beyond the pale. However, ISTM that on a very simplistic level Mr and Mrs Ordinary living in their terraced house in Somewhere town fear and are Islamophobic to a lesser or greater degree because over the last 20 years or so they have seen innocent people being murdered in the most barbaric manner in highly publicized attacks by individuals purporting to represent Islam and doing Allah's work on Earth. Almost 100% of the perpetrators are Muslims. Not Catholics. Not Jews. Not Buddhists. Not Sikhs. Not white male middle class individuals angry about the price rise of Chateau Lafite.

Why then is it so difficult to understand rightly or wrongly why people are prejudiced against particular groups of people. Unless of course there is something else at work here and Joe Public is not party to the reasons. If Jewish terrorists were bombing indiscriminately in our cities. Roaming the streets armed to the teeth and killing random people who they happened to come across I could foresee large sections of society viewing Jewish people in the same way that they view Islam and Muslims. So why are Jewish people vilified in this country? Are they being held to account for the actions of Jewish people living in Israel? If that were the case then there would be a good argument to hold mass demonstrations attacking Nigerians and Sudanese and South Africans and Indians and Pakistanis for the abhorrent behavior displayed by some members of their countrymen. BUT there never are because that would be racist. BUT we can attack Jews because we do not like what some Jewish people do to Palestinians living thousands of miles away. If Hamas launched 300 rockets at Kensington or Whitechapel or Lewisham without warning would these so called "fair minded" individuals be so supportive of the Palestinians plight. Some would of course and twist it round and claim that Israel forced them into doing it. They had no choice and continue to attack the right of Israel to exist.

How can you have rational discourse/debate with people so entrenched in their beliefs. No one posting on this forum would ever make much headway arguing with a Holocaust Denier or a member of the Flat Earth Society. We would save our efforts and energy and do something more useful. We would view them at best as cranks and in the case of Holocaust Deniers as racist scum. Why then does the Labour Party have a problem with anti-semitism amongst some of its members. Why are people perplexed by Islamophobic views held by some people in the Conservative Party?

Spot on. It is silly to equate antisemitism with islamophobia. (incidentally, one is "anti" and the other is "phobia). But I believe Chateau Lafitte has two "Ts".

However, ISTM that on a very simplistic level Mr and Mrs Ordinary living in their terraced house in Somewhere town fear and are Islamophobic to a lesser or greater degree because over the last 20 years or so they have seen innocent people being murdered in the most barbaric manner in highly publicized attacks by individuals purporting to represent Islam and doing Allah's work on Earth. Almost 100% of the perpetrators are Muslims. Not Catholics. Not Jews. Not Buddhists. Not Sikhs. Not white male middle class individuals angry about the price rise of Chateau Lafite.

Good job you didnt go back 25 years otherwise you would have to include the massacre of 8000 Muslims in Srebenica by people who are notionally Christian. Also ignoring the god knows how many “collateral damage victims” caused by various western wars but apart from that.....

How can you have rational discourse/debate with people so entrenched in their beliefs.

Possibly it would be appropriate to ask the question of you.
The problem isn't Islam any more than it's Christianity or Judaism.
It's the uber extremists of any and all persuasions.

For more info please see reliable sources of information re:

KKK, Lord's Resistance Army, The Nazis, The Troubles aka civil war in N Ireland, The neo-Nazis, etc.

Bit of a hard centrist/ rightard echo chamber we have here! As the meejah mostly ignore it, our pm in waiting embraces it so the “sensibles” can put on the sword of obfuscation, the shield of deflection and the blinkers of prejudice.

advertisement

Back