advertisement

Islamophobia rife in the Conservative party

Ofcom has fined a Russian news service £200,000 for "a serious breach" of impartiality rules in several news and current affairs programmes.

The broadcasting regulator said RT's breaches included reports on the poisoning of Sergei and Yulia Skripal in Salisbury and the Syria conflict.

Ofcom has instructed RT, formerly Russia Today, to broadcast a summary of its findings.

The Kremlin-funded broadcaster called the fine "disproportionate".

The alleged breaches occurred in seven programmes broadcast between March and April 2018, an investigation by the regulator found in December.

The programmes were mostly in relation to major matters of political controversy including the Ukrainian Government's position on Nazism and its treatment of Roma Gypsies.

Two of the seven programmes featured former MP George Galloway.

Ofcom said: "RT's failings were a serious breach of our due impartiality rules, which protect public trust in news and other programmes," adding RT's breaches represented serious and repeated failures of compliance with its rules.

What Labour policies do you take issue with, that you want people to have a viable alternative to?

And do the Lib-Dems offer these alternative policies?

It would be great if you could be specific. Ie, name which exact policies, and highlight any contrast between Labour's and the Lib-Dems, perhaps explaining why you think the Lib-Dem versions are better.

Thanks in advance.

Just a few examples:
Lib-Dems consistently anti-Brexit.
Lib-Dems haven't issued weird economic programmes about making "da workers" the owners of the means of production.
Lib-Dems do not try and attract supporters by bashing Israel (the only liberal democracy in the Middle East, where any of us could live freely and comfortably) and rubbing shoulders with Hamas and Hezbollah.
Lib-Dems are not fanatically anti-American and supportive of pseudo-Marxist dictators in South America who fill the cabinet with their relatives.

But if you want a full essay I'll need a couple of days for research and I charge £300 per 1000 words. And that's because you are a pfm brother.

What is this Tribalism you keep talking about.

It's the thing that is harming Labour b/c those with tribal blinkers are unwilling &/or unable to acknowledge even the most massive election prospect harming problems.

Just a few examples:
Lib-Dems haven't issued weird economic programmes about making "da workers" the owners of the means of production.
Lib-Dems do not try and attract supporters by bashing Israel (the only liberal democracy in the Middle East, where any of us could live freely and comfortably) and rubbing shoulders with Hamas and Hezbollah.
Lib-Dems are not fanatically anti-American and supportive of pseudo-Marxist dictators in South America who fill the cabinet with their relatives.

But if you want a full essay I'll need a couple of days for research and I charge £300 per 1000 words. And that's because you are a pfm brother.
Gotta run. I'll respond later.

Just a few examples:

So essentially Labour not following the US Neocon foreign policy agenda...

Funnily enough, and maybe I was just lucky, I guessed you'd say that.

Anyway, I'll leave it there.

..., where any of us could live freely and comfortably).....

no, Israel is a Jewish state and if you are not Jewish you have no right to citizenship, if one of us non Jews found a Jewish partner we couldn’t legally marry in Israel, couldn’t buy land in 80% of the place, i think you are confusing it with being Jewish in Europe. As Netanyahu keeps saying, Israel is for Jews and everyone else can fvck off.

Peter Oborne:
https://twitter.com/obornetweets/status/1235980049951666177?s=21

“300 allegations of Tory Islamophobia in devastating report. No coverage in FT or Daily Telegraph. Seven paras on p.16 of Times. Nothing in the Daily Mail, Express, or the Sun. My new column for MEE:

British Tories are morphing into a party of bigots”
Direct link to the dossier:

https://mcb.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...CB-EHRC-Request-Conservative-Islamophobia.pdf

It's really worth a look.

The rampant racism is a direct reflection of the membership:

https://www.hopenothate.org.uk/2019/06/21/conservative-crisis-islamophobia/
67% believe the lie that “there are areas in Britain that operate under Sharia law”, as opposed to just 18% who do not believe this to be the case
45% believe the lie that “there are areas in Britain in which non-Muslims are not able to enter”
43% agreed that “I would prefer to not have the country led by a Muslim”
Nothing will be done about it because the Conservative Party sees stirring up anti-Muslim feeling as a vote winner.

And the mainstream media won't hold the Conservatives to account because it's complicit: e.g. the BBC gave anti-Muslim racist Melanie Phillips a platform on its flagship politics programme just a few days ago. And Douglas Murray, peddlar of the racist "great replacement" myth is also a regular.

Direct link to the dossier:

https://mcb.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...CB-EHRC-Request-Conservative-Islamophobia.pdf

It's really worth a look.

The rampant racism is a direct reflection of the membership:

https://www.hopenothate.org.uk/2019/06/21/conservative-crisis-islamophobia/

Nothing will be done about it because the Conservative Party sees stirring up anti-Muslim feeling as a vote winner.

And the mainstream media won't hold the Conservatives to account because it's complicit: e.g. the BBC gave anti-Muslim racist Melanie Phillips a platform on its flagship politics programme just a few days ago. And Douglas Murray, peddlar of the racist "great replacement" myth is also a regular.
It might paradoxically enhance Boris’s reputation among those who flocked to him at the polls. UKIP-EDL/BP are effectively inside the party now.

I am sure it has been answered somewhere in the previous 27 pages so do forgive me but how does this form of overt bigotry differ from that which the Labour Party were relentlessly accused of in the lead up to the election?

I am sure it has been answered somewhere in the previous 27 pages so do forgive me but how does this form of overt bigotry differ from that which the Labour Party were relentlessly accused of in the lead up to the election?
It differs in that is actually is systematic and institutional in the Tory Party

In abstract terms, Islamophobia is seen as more or less legitimate by Britain's political and media class. In more concrete terms, if this were to reach a point where lots or people spend their lives trawling the internet looking for dodgy statements then that's 80% of the political pundit class for the fire, for starters. Probably some questions would have to be answered about why, say, out-and-proud Islamophobe Melanie Philips was allowed on a mainstream BBC news program without being challenged about her views. Most newspapers would have to do a Daily Star.

So we're basically not going to get any traction on this until the current crop of big wig journalists and their friends have retired.

Well, this went well:

https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1274648847424290816

EbB2Ti-X0AEpVu5

A few highlights from the comments section:
The black dads that have stayed are indeed very special. Tedious marketing, 3% of our population, fair representation and balance please.

It's not obvious you deliberately chose black characters for your Father's Day image! That's fine but it's being overdone at the moment and people are noticing. Resentment to follow if you don't balance things out.

The sad thing is this probably wouldn’t have raised a murmur 6 weeks ago. But BLM have successfully made race into an issue again. Turned race relations back 30 years. Just shows they have no interest in black lives. It’s just a vehicle. A means to and end. Well done BLM.
And so on.

Frederick Colby says, "I just want to make clear that the racists in the comments here don't represent the Conservative Party", but I fear he's fighting a losing battle.

advertisement

Back