advertisement

International RSD 20/04

I'm calling (passe) time on this RSD business. With that and 'special edition splatter' it's getting a bit of a joke. It will all lead to a backlash with a dash to neo-cool MP3 in a few years- you mark my words.

I've got a horrible feeling some titles will get repressed as part of the catalogue. Think MOV are doing at least one of the Miles Davis Monos. Last year titles appeared on Uvinyl web store. Even as a vinyl lover I am beginning to wonder why so much effort is being put into limited vinyl releases since the format remains a tiny blip in the music market. It all just creates a profit for collectors and speculators hoping to make a killing on a certain auction site.

Picked up the three Miles mono releases yesterday in Solo.

If anyone is still looking, they still have one copy of Milestones and Some Day My Prince Will Come - I won't be able to get back the shop for a while but maybe worth phoning to see if they'll post.

Went shopping today and popped into Head and found that they still had a copy of the Nick Drake R.S.D. LP; it was a bit expensive at £28, but TBH I couldn't resist it, even though I already have the Fruit tree LP box set.

I managed to get The xx Jamie xx edits the others on my list were gone
Brian Eno & the MGMT cassette.
Still I bought the Yeah Yeah Yeahs new LP "Mosquito" a great record and I really like the
cover ,such a great band!
So not a bad day.

Yesterday looking throught the records in the Eno section I found the RSD Eno 12" on sale for $12.98 ,
don't know how it got there as it was sold out on the big day. Anyway, I'm glad I got it.

Sadly, I missed RSD. However, I did visit Sound Knowledge in Marlborough over this weekend.
I asked the proprietor about RSD and he said it was his best day ever. There were sixty-odd people queuing at 8:00 on the Saturday. Overall, it sounded like an excellent weekend. I'm pretty sad that I missed it.

Having missed the day itself, I felt obliged to let him lighten my wallet by about £85 on a couple of LPs and some CDs. :)

Well my 2013 RSD still isn't over! last year I got the Wake boxset from the UK and just
a couple of weeks ago I found out that not only did the Wake have an LP out but Section 25
had a single too! Both on Factory Benelux records. I must have missed them on the RSD release lists.
Both have arrived,so this year was a good RSD for me.

I had a regular mailing from Boss Shots a few days back, and one section said they still had copies of the Desmond Dekker 7" from RSD, so I ordered it and received number 84 today.
Got it for a better price from the manufacturers than from any of those twunts selling it on ebay for thirty quid.

Mick

advertisement

Back