advertisement

International RSD 20/04

All the Miles Davis had gone at Piccadilly, otherwise I might have been tempted by Someday My Prince Will come as it's one of my favourite albums and I've never heard the mono mix.

As of last week these were on e bay at lower prices than in the shops - Oxford Truck anyway - £20 in store, going for £18 online. Mind you, V pricy postage and maybe even tax will be slapped on.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=261206447607

Kevin

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
All the Miles Davis had gone at Piccadilly, otherwise I might have been tempted by Someday My Prince Will come as it's one of my favourite albums and I've never heard the mono mix.

Still showing at Diverse for £19, see post #80.

I'm pretty sure they've got some mono Miles reissues in my local shop - will have a peruse when I'm next in if you like?

Last saturday was manic and all I got was Durutti Column, 'A Paen to Wilson'

This morning I went to Sister Ray, Berwick Street and got quite a rounded selection;
Factory Communications 1978-92
Sigur Ros, Huart / Heim coloured vinyl
Tapper Zukie MPLA sessions
Pink Floyd See Emily Play
Oval ( 2 )

Seems they got restocked on Monday. There were 5 sheets of A4 listing what they had. Worth a look if you're in the area.

As I said, last weekend, I picked up the Cream 3 x LP Live @ RAH 2005, which I've played, and is fine. While I was in the shop (Head Bromley), I also picked Can's Lost tapes 5 x LP box, which unfortunately had a bad miss-pressing on the second LP, so I had to return it, but all was not lost, because today, they still had copies of the Miles Davis RSD re-issues:

a) - Someday my Prince will come

b) - Milestones

c) - Round about midnight.

They are all 180gm Mono LPs & I look forward to hearing them!

The only one I really fancied from rsd was the Nick Drake LP. No chance of that so yesterday I picked up the 3 mono Miles Davis lp's. I have heard they sound really good. I will find out just how good tomorrow when I get the time...:)

Just snapped the Nick Drake of Epay at a premium but considering what I think it will fetch in a few weeks not a bad deal. Anyone know the shop price?

I saw it on saturday for about £21.

Payed double which is just about the lowest BIN. Otherwise auctions at £29 with days to go - which will certainly go much higher. Managed to get a copy of the Marianne Faithfull from Diverse - little else left that interests.

Well it would likely cost me £20+ in diesel to get to any stores with possible stock from my location. Swordfish in Brum weren't stocking any RSD titles due to their recent move. Btw where are you?

Orkney. If you would like it, I can get the record when in town next week.
I'm registered as a not for profit organ, so the only extra would be postage. :)

Orkney. If you would like it, I can get the record when in town next week.
I'm registered as a not for profit organ, so the only extra would be postage. :)

Many thanks for the offer but now have one coming. No guarantee it will still be there but I suppose demand may be low where you are. Judging by ebay prices I will not be out of pocket.

I'm really wishing I had picked up one of those Nick Drake LPs now. Never mind. Plenty of other vinyl out there*.

*Which I am buying too much of this weekend anyway.

Lots of RSD materials left in Rise in Brizzle is it.

After me hunting around for the Moebius one, there were about half a dozen in a box there.

Got the Fabric SD too.

Also FAO Joe H, can you get over to the Oxfam in Clifton with some tippex, as they had several signs advertising 'vinyls for 99p', which were sad and wrong. What was the 2nd hand shop in Clifton Arcade, it has gone - a while go I think?

DS

I'm calling (passe) time on this RSD business. With that and 'special edition splatter' it's getting a bit of a joke. It will all lead to a backlash with a dash to neo-cool MP3 in a few years- you mark my words.

advertisement

Back