advertisement

International RSD 20/04

Rare Kind, Yes, is that the one above Wolf & Gipsy is it?

Or am I thinking of something else again.

DS

Got it, downstairs Hip Hop and general stuff, upstairs harder and battle breaks stuff is it.

Just along from Wax Factor there.

DS

So did the shops know they had the boards of Canada singles (if they had been priced up etc)? If so how did they keep that quiet and why didn't any of the staff pick it up!

This year I would dearly love the Floyd and Hawkwind 7" but I stand absolutely no chance.

I popped in to my local ("almost the only independent record shop left in the highlands & islands") today & I was surprised to see they still had both.
I'll be in town again on Friday, so if you want me to get them for you drop me a pm.
I didn't look at the Hawkwind disc, but imsmc SEP was £14.99 (it did have a small corner crease on the large piece of artwork).

Other still in stock surprises included The xx Jamie xx edits & Bowie 1967 pic disc.

My RSD 2012 spend: £75. I thought: that was too much. I'll just get a couple of records this year.

My RSD 2013 spend: £82. Doh!

Junip
Kate Bush
Oval (2 LPs)

It was fun though.

Damian

Off today for a further hunt, Oval no 2 and that is it.

Had someone round from the local council last night, she saw I had records and asked if I had heard of iRSD, so I pointed to the stock of records over there, in front of the units from the event there.

DS

Between Banquet Records in Kingston on Sunday and Rough Trade East, Brick Lane, yesterday - I have had a pretty good haul this year and spent way more than last year. They were adding stock at Rough Trade East yesterday lunchtime including handfuls of 'See Emily Play' and 'Bowie 1965'.

Standouts for me have been the 'Verve EP' - very nice sounding on vinyl; the Beta Band, 'Champion Versions EP' which I missed 1st time around but have the other 2 as originals. Durutti Column, 'Paean to Wilson' which sounds sublime on lovely thick double LP. But the unlikely star thus far has been Nick Harper's 'Juicy Fruit Girl' 45 rpm 10 inch that sounds fantastic and is a great quirky tune with very 'alive' acoustic guitar sound - the B side aint bad either - I picked it up based purely on liking the cover, and am very glad I did so.

http://www.banquetrecords.com/RSD13NHARPER;jsessionid=3A934903D4DA0930509C0AE693FAA264

Other notables:
Nick Cave - Animal X
The Roots - Things Fall Apart
Sigur Ros - HVARF/HEIM
Tame Impala
Thurston Moore & Loren Connors
Factory - Communications 1978-1992 EP
Mogwai/Bill Wells & Aidan Moffat - Remixes
Frank Zappa - I'm The Slime/Montana

Worth checking both of these stores websites for on line ordering commencing tomorrow (I think).
Rough trade had loads of Orange Juice LP's, Pulp/Soulwax and quite a few White Stripes in the bins.

Now if I can just find the REM live in Greensboro CD and Calexico LP that will be me well and truly done.

The weather was very pleasant today, so my wife and I had an enjoyable morning shopping, including a visit to Head, where I bought the RSD re-issue of Cream's R.H.A. May 2000 half-speed mastered, 3 x LP box thingy, and while I was in there, I also picked up Can's Lost Tapes 5 x LP, 180gm box set too.

Thats interesting there are a few people awaiting that release.

Now that the Beta Band "Champion Version" has been re-released will the value of the original plummet? I bought it when it came out and have seen the price go through the roof; it goes for £150-£200 these days!

Damian

Completed my wants list in That Brighton, got the Oval #2 and Moebius, and also an unexpected one, a 12" remix of a Dinos Chapman track off his new album is it.

So, as always, the release preview list starts off a bit uninspiring, with yet more rehashes of tired old tat, but there are some goodies of new material to be found as well.

DS

The ever wonderful Piccadilly Records in The Manchester have just put some RSD 2013 titles up for online-grabbing here. I've just bagged the Mugstar and Marianne Faithfull. Was rather tempted by the Flaming Lips 4xLP, but sat on my hands there.

The only one I really fancied from rsd was the Nick Drake LP. No chance of that so yesterday I picked up the 3 mono Miles Davis lp's. I have heard they sound really good. I will find out just how good tomorrow when I get the time...:)

All the Miles Davis had gone at Piccadilly, otherwise I might have been tempted by Someday My Prince Will come as it's one of my favourite albums and I've never heard the mono mix.

advertisement

Back