advertisement

Help: Where are DPA Digital?

He can be the best guy in the world there's no need to bad mouth third parties who aren't present, even if he's an utter twat, it just cheapens the brand.

I disagree. I believe in calling a spade a spade. This uber politeness is screwing society big time. I'd rather be honest, than spread BS. If I want BS, I'll go to a local farm.

Dave

There's nothing polite about keeping your mouth shut and just not passing comment, it's just being professional, that's all. It's your company at the end of the day, and you boys can present whatever public face you like to your potential customers...

There's nothing polite about keeping your mouth shut and just not passing comment, it's just being professional, that's all. It's your company at the end of the day, and you boys can present whatever public face you like to your potential customers...

Well, I'll make you a deal. You do what you want, and I'll do what I want.

Dave

PS I'm in no way affiliated with DPA, either old or new. I have had great dealings with Tom that lead me to believe that he offers excellent service, as many from these boards will probably attest to. Whilst Rob watts ran off and said FU to all the DPA customers after the original company went bus, Tom tried to help them as best as possible.

I think you're right, Martin.
Indeed not see the red light when it is not in play while in my pioneer PDs601 when not playing with a red light the other end of the optical cable connected.
What can I do? What would be the component name to search?
Gabriele
If you need a spare optical part please send your request to [email protected] and a part will be sent to you free of charge.

All optical parts and nearest replacements cannot be easily sourced.

Tom aka DPA_SERVICE

Got myself a cheap DPA DX16 Rennaisance DAC. How is that one compared to current gear? Is it OK? (I dont have any new DAC to compare with, just a nice sounding but not really new Arcam CD73 player.) (It's in mint condition at least, even the old users manual is still in there.)

can i bump this thread ? im needing some help / advice on a 50s pre and power i have recently purchased,it sounds perfect,until i try winding her up past 10/11 on the volume, then i get some sort of clipping . loss of headroom.

I am using the correct cables too, using all 4 speaker connections. [ feedback loop ]

any help would be superb, as i plan on keeping the amp until its working as it should be.

P.s , what a gorgeous sounding amp !

Are you using CD as your source (as opposed to LP)? If you are, depending on the volume control used, there is the possibility that you are achieving full volume at 10 o'clock and into clipping by 11 - are you sure this is not occurring?

However, it should be playing pretty blooming loud if you are running it at full volume.

no its not playing loud,i should not be getting this clipping occur on every single pair opf speakers i try, it just should not be happening.

and i have the cd as a source , plugged into the cd inputs at the rear, also tried it on tuner and the same thing happens

Well a tuner has much the same output as CD so, in itself, that doesn't prove anything. However, assuming you are confident everything is connected up properly, it does sound like there is a fault (sorry, I don't know what though).

well,im hoping i can get some help from the dpa man :) ill try and inbox him,i thought i sent a message but i have none showing in my sent box.

Lovely to see this thread still running. I started it in 2004 and it has just passed its 7th anniversary. Happy Days!

I'm interested to buy a DPA PDM 1024 on Audiogon, but I am afraid of having troubles of functioning sooner or later. I am in France. That you recommend to me ?
Best regards
Bernard

I'm sure some of the more knowledgable dpa people will be answering soon but - that is a wonderful DAC, the FPGA programming is unavailable as far as I know should one of the chips fail.

The asking price is very high (IMO).

If no one can help here then try Colin at Chevron Audio - they still "deltran" CD players - in fact it may be worth doing this to another player.

Colin is your man
"dpa Digital Ltd (Deltec) - We can repair & upgrade many of these products. We can also convert some CD Transports and CD Players to operate as Deltran clock linked transports with most of the dpa DAC’s for £180."

I have circuit diagrams and parts for the Deltran Sync Lock. I sold Colin it for a tenner but you can have it for free.

Anyone read the Deltec review in Hifi Choice (November)? I am astonished.

advertisement

Back