advertisement

Help: Where are DPA Digital?

I have circuit diagrams and parts for the Deltran Sync Lock. I sold Colin it for a tenner but you can have it for free.

Hi DPA,

Sorry for late replay...for some reason I didn't get email notification about any replay from PFM...strange:confused:

Anyway, thank you for your kind offer, but as I live in Croatia you will be force to pay a shipment as well, but if you have a paypall account we can arrange something...

...or you can email a schematic to aparatusonitus(at)gmail(dot)com so I can buid one, 'cos I have a knowledge and right tools (even if it's in SMT)...and this is prefered option...you see, I like to buid things:D

Deltran clock will be used in conjunction with a SAA7350 based diy dac (with a few twist and tricks thanks to John Westlake:)) and Philips cd player as transport.

Just picked up your message now; quite by chance.

I can supply you with all that you require by email just need your address.

See what we can create?

I have over 100 SAA7350 IC as spares. Cannot see me ever using this many. So regard me as a resource for spares.

Croatia is not all that far off.

Cheers Tom

Hi Tom,

Thank you for replay and support...I'll send you private email asap...beeing busy lately with a non-audio related stuff:mad:

As for the SAA7350, I have a fairly large stash like you:).

Regards, Ivo

Hi DPA,

I am looking for a circuit diagram for a renaissance amplifier. It recently developed a fault with the right channel. It sounds distorted, scratchy and lower in volume than the left. It has recently had all dry joints resoldered, faulty relay replaced but problem persists. Any assistance from yourself or anyone else that can help would be greatly appreciated

Hi DPA,

I am looking for a circuit diagram for a renaissance amplifier. It recently developed a fault with the right channel. It sounds distorted, scratchy and lower in volume than the left. It has recently had all dry joints resoldered, faulty relay replaced but problem persists. Any assistance from yourself or anyone else that can help would be greatly appreciated

Please contact us at [email protected]

Adrian

Hi

Does anyone know what's happened to the (new) DPA?

The website isn't available, emails aren't getting delivered and no one answers the phone.

Are they still around? I have a DPA 50S power amp that's in need of repair.

Ernst

This thread is a Blast from the past!!!! My own system still has two DELTEC "The Power" filters and Black Slink picked up when I had Deltec PDM's. I started with a PDM1 from "The Forge" I think in Otley. Then had it upgraded to a Series 2 by Moorgate Acoustics when they were on Moorgate in Rotherham then bought a PDM1 S3. I then got a SX128. I think Tom will remember me but I think it was 2001 or 2002 the last time I was in contact when the FPGA's and HDCD chip gave up. What is Rob Watts doing these days? His expertise in FPGA design (or not) would be sought after I would have though?

This thread is a Blast from the past!!!! My own system still has two DELTEC "The Power" filters and Black Slink picked up when I had Deltec PDM's. I started with a PDM1 from "The Forge" I think in Otley. Then had it upgraded to a Series 2 by Moorgate Acoustics when they were on Moorgate in Rotherham then bought a PDM1 S3. I then got a SX128. I think Tom will remember me but I think it was 2001 or 2002 the last time I was in contact when the FPGA's and HDCD chip gave up. What is Rob Watts doing these days? His expertise in FPGA design (or not) would be sought after I would have though?

Very interesting, I guess that you love the Deltec sound i.e. crystal clear, smooth treble, natural midrange, and a fast agile controlled bass.

Deltec has a new DAC, the PDM3. The Deltec PDM3 is a true high end performance digital to analogue convertor. It has been designed to keep the signal path as simple and direct as possible. Digital integrity is maintained by not using potentially corrupting up-sampling or DSP (Digital Signal Processing) before the converter. Following the converter our reconstruction filter is formed around our unique hybrid voltage amplifier. Together these enable the PDM3 to have exceptional transparency and instrument separation.

Adrian
-------
Deltec Precision Audio

I am keeping an "eye" on your products. I just think the Digital side of the PDM3 is a little "under powered" and it lacks connectivity at the moment. Probably a case of developments overtaking the original design. Rob's designs were very "avant-garde" and this one looks a little "safe". I have always liked the OP-Amp sound but it's a little expensive considering the Digital performance. The QBD76 does have more options even if it is more expensive and I do like the "over sampling" option. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Hi all

Can anyone help me?

I have an Enlightenment Transport and a little Bit 3 DAC.

The DAC was sent to Redhill Audio for some repair work, it was crackling really badly.

Whilst there, I was told that the DAC was rife for upgrading, the upgrade where duly paid for.

I got the DAC back and low and behold It sounds no different than before, just loads of crackling, It's almost like the signal has degraded to almost nothing.

Can anyone help with the repair work?

Cheers

Hi all

Can anyone help me?

I have an Enlightenment Transport and a little Bit 3 DAC.

The DAC was sent to Redhill Audio for some repair work, it was crackling really badly.

Whilst there, I was told that the DAC was rife for upgrading, the upgrade where duly paid for.

I got the DAC back and low and behold It sounds no different than before, just loads of crackling, It's almost like the signal has degraded to almost nothing.

Can anyone help with the repair work?

Cheers
Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Adrian

advertisement

Back