advertisement

Glasto 2024

of course, I agree, we've seen them live about 8 times. Faithless are touring again, but we missed out on tickets

8 times?! Wow- somehow I'm not surprised g&t.

Capt
Yes, think I now have a bit of a ‘thing’ for PJ Harvey.

I saw her 3x in 1993 in her orange mohair dress, big heels & shades on, gretsch & marshalls with her other two guys on (fretless) bass & drums. Really great shows, full-on & fresh as fk kicking early britpop shite for 6. But later albums, without the guitar prominent, not for me. I like her soft west country accent, very alluring.

Really glad she did a good glasto show by all accounts though, & one of the highlights it seems from the comments, I still hold her in high regard musically even if it's only two for me, Dry & Rid Of Me (Albini) in my Lp collection.

Capt

Currently on some pleasant, light soul-pop from Michael Kiwanuka- mellow vibes, perfect for a sunny festival afternoon.

It's like a lot of heavy / hard rock of the 2000s, noisy but doesn't 'flow' - the tunes seem a bit disjointed, stilted in how its played, can't really get your mosh on.

Apologies, I struggle to find the right words for it. I can't quite put my finger on it but it just sounds 'off'.
S*** might be the word 😂

Mannequin Pussy are rather good fun in a Hole/Babes In Toyland kind of way.

PS I couldn’t find the Gossip set when I looked earlier. I think the BBC are being a bit slow getting stuff up, unless they’ve stuck it somewhere really odd (I don’t like their genre headings at all).

Mannequin Pussy are rather good fun in a Hole/Babes In Toyland kind of way.

PS I couldn’t find the Gossip set when I looked earlier. I think the BBC are being a bit slow getting stuff up, unless they’ve stuck it somewhere really odd (I don’t like their genre headings at all).
20 minutes of Gossip set appended to the end of Disclosure set.

Ayra Starr set disappeared from iPlayer

Got Orbital on now, nice to lay in a field in the sunshine. Nothing particularly interesting - ok while we eat lunch.....

20 minutes of Gossip set appended to the end of Disclosure set.

Thanks, and very good it is too, but what a dumb place to stick it!

PS Looks like they haven’t stuck Yard Act up either, which is annoying for anyone who missed it. A really good set with an amazing ending.

Thanks, and very good it is too, but what a dumb place to stick it!
it is very stupid, I only discovered it by accident- when I saw 20 minutes to run on the stream after Disclosure. Shame as I'd liked to have seen the whole set

it is very stupid, I only discovered it by accident- when I saw 20 minutes to run on the stream after Disclosure. Shame as I'd liked to have seen the whole set

I caught some of the earlier part live, but switched over thinking I could catch the whole thing later. I feel short-changed as I wanted to see the whole thing. The iPlayer content is really half-arsed at present, so much they filmed is missing. Hopefully it will appear in time.

I had a go with Coldplay, but no. Just not for me. I’m over with Disclosure. The rest of the evening will be electronic. Looking forward to Peggy Gou later, I bought her album and it is rather good. Looking forward to Justice closing tomorrow too, more good electronic/dance stuff.

PS I assume English Teacher (another great Leeds band) didn’t get filmed as they were way out on one of the minor stages? Shame, wanted to see them. Bet they were really good.

Add Jamie XX to the electronic watch list Tony. Killer set.

Nia Archives might be interesting too. Essentially a DnB revivalist, but she’s added a rock/grunge element to her live shows that could suit Glasto. High on the bill mind.

Add Jamie XX to the electronic watch list Tony. Killer set.

I had a quick look, appeared to be a DJ set rather than original material. Does it change later? Same with Peggy Gou sadly (I was hoping she’d play her album). Not knocking either, but with so much to watch I’d prefer to stick with live acts.

I had a quick look, appeared to be a DJ set rather than original material. Does it change later? Same with Peggy Gou sadly (I was hoping she’d play her album). Not knocking either, but with so much to watch I’d prefer to stick with live acts.

He plays a few of his own, but yes, a DJ set rather than a live gig. A nice surprise in there half way through though.

Peggy’s set was so disappointing! Murder on the dance floor re-rub?? No thanks.

advertisement

Back