advertisement

Glasto 2024

I had a go with Coldplay, but no. Just not for me.
I like the first few albums, but the hits are overplayed so they've reached Dire Straits status for me... not a fan of the later stuff at all... partner has put up with my choices all day though so I'm watching with her... to be fair it's all quite accomplished and easy enough to watch, but I wouldn't bother seeing them in the flesh.

Been flicking through some stuff this afternoon and concluded it’s not really a vintage year - there’s some pretty awful stuff going on!

On the upside, I’ve enjoyed Fontaines DC, Kenya Grace , Nitin Sawhney and the always magnificent Jessie Ware.

And yes, I’m enjoying Coldplay - there, I said it!

Craig Charles was 15 minutes late taking over from RadMac this morning, they were in Manchester and he was at Glasto. When he finally showed up he was either pissed or off his face, you can listen on BBC Sounds.

Was out tonight and missed Glastonbury, Mrs BB is a bit tipsy and wants to listen to Wham Records.

Cheers BB

Switched off Coldplay after "Yellow".... Their 1st album was good, but after that....

Now watching Bloc Party.... I thought they disappeared years ago.... Only ever heard their 1st album but are any of their later ones any good?

I was watching PJ Harvey on iPlayer and when finished turned to this. I just saw MJ Fox rushed off stage in his wheelchair.
On the plus side there was a great shot of Jo Whiley and Cat Deeley singing along…
Oh dear!
:pensive:

Have to say, wasn't expecting much of Coldplay but they were impressive tonight. Quite a few guests and variations on songs. When Michael J Fox came on that brought a lump to the throat.

Dear other bands,

Now THAT’S how you do Glastonbury.

Love,
Coldplay
Hmmmm, some of it was very good but the self indulgent making up songs about the crowd and the wheeling on and off of Michael J Fox was very cringy! 6/10 from the Norfolk judge. Other half is a big fan and she felt the same.

PS she was hacked off they didn’t play Yellow.. I haven’t told her yet :D

Michael Eavis didn’t look too impressed with being added to the singing to the audience sketch did he! MJ Fox was cringy too as above, they should have skipped that bit. but otherwise a very impressive set.

I forgot Gossip were on, so popped over for a look there. Beth Ditto is still wonderfully nuts.

They're originally from a small town in my state, Searcy AR, the site of a college run by The Church of Christ. The Church of Christ bans musical instruments, but there seem to have been a lot of good musicians from the Harding College scene over the years.

advertisement

Back