advertisement

Freemasons - What Do You Know About Them?

Owls are masons?:D

Maybe not, but Nick Mason may be an owl. He's just got the look..

Nick-Mason-Rex.jpg

Interesting, I had not heard of this.

Can you link to some examples and I'll try to decipher them for you?

P.S. Owls have no connections with Freemasonry in my experience. Lovely birds though.

The KLF video at the start of this thread is choc full of Masonic stuff.

Love that song, justified and ancient, moo moo land, marvellous.

Have any of the posters on this thread been blackballed ?.

Not me! :D

P.S. Although the ballot system still exists in the form of a white ball (for) and a black ball (against) for each new member, 99.9% of ballots are in favour.
The reason for this is that new candidates are encouraged to come along to Masonic social events with their families and generally get to be known by the members and families before a ballot. If a member thinks there may be an issue with a candidate then he has a word with the proposer and the application can be discreetly withdrawn if required.
Saves any 'pistols at dawn' in a Lodge if a candidate is 'blackballed'!

However it is still the right of every member to vote in a ballot so occasionally (I've seen one in 26 years of 10-15 meetings a year) we get a ballot 'against'.

Interesting, I had not heard of this.

Can you link to some examples and I'll try to decipher them for you?

P.S. Owls have no connections with Freemasonry in my experience. Lovely birds though.

If you do a google/you tube search for Hip Hop and Freemasonry, you will see what I am getting at. It was more prevalent a couple of years ago. There seemed to be a big trend/fashion for using such imagery in promo videos at that time.

They appear to associate aspects of Freemasonry with the idea of an Illuminati - a secret society behind world events, social trends/control, politics, celebrity, mass media, Hollywood, the music industry etc.

There seems to be a branch of Hip Hop (commercial) which celebrates the idea of an elite secret society and then there is a more underground Hip Hop movement which is opposed to the idea of such a Freemasonic influenced, secret society pulling the strings and this rap/video is an example of that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM0bfDm43so

If you do a google/you tube search for Hip Hop and Freemasonry, you will see what I am getting at. It was more prevalent a couple of years ago. There seemed to be a big trend/fashion for using such imagery in promo videos at that time.

They appear to associate aspects of Freemasonry with the idea of an Illuminati - a secret society behind world events, social trends/control, politics, celebrity, mass media, Hollywood, the music industry etc.

There seems to be a branch of Hip Hop (commercial) which celebrates the idea of an elite secret society and then there is a more underground Hip Hop movement which is opposed to the idea of such a Freemasonic influenced, secret society pulling the strings and this rap/video is an example of that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM0bfDm43so

Yup, that's chock full of Masonic symbolism but a lot of it is from the Scottish Rite as practiced in America (Rose Croix in the UK).
I know very little about the 33rd degree pecking order and any real existence of the 'Illuminati' and what connection there is with Scottish Rite, if any.
That side of things is all a bit Dan Brown for me. Makes for good reading though.

Many of those apply to my wife who is the 'Supreme Being' in our household :D

Supreme office is not sufficient I'm afraid.

My point of course is you're a religion. The supreme being part has been pared down to a sort of abstraction, but the religious essence remains. The doctrine stipulates one must believe in a single all-powerful god figure. That's a spiritual creed, seems to me.

The Catholics, too, are into ritual for ritual's sake, you just take it further. Indeed, one social explanation for the Mason's past success is that they were Protestantism's answer to Catholicism, pomp-and-ritual-wise.

My point of course is you're a religion. The supreme being part has been pared down to a sort of abstraction, but the religious essence remains. The doctrine stipulates one must believe in a single all-powerful god figure. That's a spiritual creed, seems to me.

The Catholics, too, are into ritual for ritual's sake, you just take it further. Indeed, one social explanation for the Mason's past success is that they were Protestantism's answer to Catholicism, pomp-and-ritual-wise.

Freemasonry is not a religion. We have to believe in a supreme being personally but nowhere in the ceremonies do we have any kind of worship; that is a key element of a religion.

"the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods"

Freemasonry is not a religion. We have to believe in a supreme being personally but nowhere in the ceremonies do we have any kind of worship; that is a key element of a religion.

"the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods"

My take on this is,"If you believe in a supreme being, you will believe in anything = gullible fools."

I have been involved in property litigation with a group of "Trouser Leggers."

What a bunch of lying forging crooks.

I am sure FMs are not all bad, but those with wealth and power DO abuse it!

My take on this is,"If you believe in a supreme being, you will believe in anything = gullible fools."

I have been involved in property litigation with a group of "Trouser Leggers."

What a bunch of lying forging crooks.

I am sure FMs are not all bad, but those with wealth and power DO abuse it!

So, if they were lying forging crooks I assume they are in/went to prison or had some form of legal censure.

I'm sure some wealthy Freemasons in power have abused their positions, they will represent a tiny, tiny minority though.

I won't get into the belief part, religion and the belief in it or not is a much wider topic than this thread.

So, if they were lying forging crooks I assume they are in/went to prison or had some form of legal censure.

I'm sure some wealthy Freemasons in power have abused their positions, they will represent a tiny, tiny minority though.

I won't get into the belief part, religion and the belief in it or not is a much wider topic than this thread.

Civil Litigation, forged information on a tenancy agreement as well as a "Fatal error / omission" which they eventually overcame at the court of appeal five years after the legal process instigated by them crooks.

I couldn't prove beyond all doubt that they altered a served notice after it had been signed by moi. (frown)

The KLF video at the start of this thread is choc full of Masonic stuff.

Love that song, justified and ancient, moo moo land, marvellous.

Bill Drummond was/is a huge fan of the Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Shea and Robert Wilson. One of his first projects back in the mid-70s was trying to stage it as a multi-part play (it is a huge book, I read it as a teenager but can't remember much about it now). Much of the KLF imagry stems from there.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Anyone thinking of joining the Mason's will need a few days off to become acquainted with the weird and wonderful, but very lengthy ritual shown immediately below.

https://www.bilderberg.org/First_Degree.htm

Extract from CEREMONY OF INITIATION United Grand Lodge

Worshipful Master - It is my duty to inform you that Masonry is free, and requires a perfect freedom of inclination in every Candidate for its mysteries. It is founded on the purest principles of piety and virtue. It possesses great and invaluable privileges, and in order to secure those privileges. to worthy men, and we trust to worthy men alone, vows of fidelity are required; but let me assure you that in those vows there is nothing incompatible with your civil, moral, or religious duties. Are you there­fore willing to take a Solemn Obligation founded on the principles I have stated, to keep inviolate the secrets and mysteries of the Order?

Not sure why vows of fidelity are required when there are no women about and the average age is around 60. Maybe that's one of the mysteries of the Order :D.

Take a look at the work required for the Installation of a new Master - took me 6 months to learn!

The vows are to promise you won't reveal the secrets and mysteries of the order - basically formal means of recognition.

advertisement

Back