advertisement

Freemasons - What Do You Know About Them?

Anyone thinking of joining the Mason's will need a few days off to become acquainted with the weird and wonderful, but very lengthy ritual shown immediately below.

https://www.bilderberg.org/First_Degree.htm

Extract from CEREMONY OF INITIATION United Grand Lodge

Not sure why vows of fidelity are required when there are no women about and the average age is around 60. Maybe that's one of the mysteries of the Order :D.

Had a look at the above ritual, most disturbing. This is the sort of thing that makes me suspicious of Freemasonry:

"Worshipful Master to Candidate - Repeat your name at length and say after me:­- I,.............................. Candidate gives name in full - in the presence of the Great Architect of the Universe, and of this worthy, worshipful, and warranted Lodge of Free and Ac­cepted Masons, regularly assembled and properly dedicated, of my own free will and accord, do hereby - with left hand touches Candidate's right hand - and hereon - with left hand touches Volume of the Sacred Law - sincerely and solemnly promise and swear, that I will always heal,* (pronounced hail) conceal, and never reveal any part or parts, point or points of the secrets or mysteries of or belonging to Free and Accepted Masons in Masonry, which may heretofore have been known by me, or shall now or at any future period be com­municated to me, unless it be to a true and lawful Brother or Brothers, and not even to him or them, until after due trial, strict examination, or sure information from a well-known Brother that he or they are worthy of that confidence; or in the body of a just, perfect, and regular Lodge of Ancient Freemasons. I further solemnly promise that I will not write those secrets, indite, carve, mark, engrave, or otherwise them delineate, or cause or suffer it to be so done by others, if in my power to prevent it, on anything, movable or immovable, under the canopy of Heaven, whereby or whereon any letter, character, or figure, or the least trace of a letter, character, or figure, may become legible, or intelligible to myself or any­one in the world, so that our secret arts and hidden mysteries may improperly be­come known through my unworthiness. These several points I solemnly swear to observe, without evasion, equivocation, or mental reservation of any kind, under no less a penalty, on the violation of any of them than that of having my throat cut across, my tongue torn out by the root (singular) and buried in the sand (singular) of the sea at low water mark, or a cable's length from the shore, where the tide regularly ebbs and flow twice in 24 hours or the more effective punishment of being branded as a wilfully perjured individual, void of all moral worth, and totally unfit to be received into this worshipful Lodge, or any other warranted Lodge, or society of men who prize honour and virtue above the external advantages of rank and fortune. So help me God, and keep me steadfast in this my Great and Solemn Obligation of an Entered Apprentice Freemason."

Bill Drummond was/is a huge fan of the Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Shea and Robert Wilson. One of his first projects back in the mid-70s was trying to stage it as a multi-part play (it is a huge book, I read it as a teenager but can't remember much about it now). Much of the KLF imagry stems from there.

Thanks Tony.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Had a look at the above ritual, most disturbing. This is the sort of thing that makes me suspicious of Freemasonry:

"Worshipful Master to Candidate - Repeat your name at length and say after me:­- I,.............................. Candidate gives name in full - in the presence of the Great Architect of the Universe, and of this worthy, worshipful, and warranted Lodge of Free and Ac­cepted Masons, regularly assembled and properly dedicated, of my own free will and accord, do hereby - with left hand touches Candidate's right hand - and hereon - with left hand touches Volume of the Sacred Law - sincerely and solemnly promise and swear, that I will always heal,* (pronounced hail) conceal, and never reveal any part or parts, point or points of the secrets or mysteries of or belonging to Free and Accepted Masons in Masonry, which may heretofore have been known by me, or shall now or at any future period be com­municated to me, unless it be to a true and lawful Brother or Brothers, and not even to him or them, until after due trial, strict examination, or sure information from a well-known Brother that he or they are worthy of that confidence; or in the body of a just, perfect, and regular Lodge of Ancient Freemasons. I further solemnly promise that I will not write those secrets, indite, carve, mark, engrave, or otherwise them delineate, or cause or suffer it to be so done by others, if in my power to prevent it, on anything, movable or immovable, under the canopy of Heaven, whereby or whereon any letter, character, or figure, or the least trace of a letter, character, or figure, may become legible, or intelligible to myself or any­one in the world, so that our secret arts and hidden mysteries may improperly be­come known through my unworthiness. These several points I solemnly swear to observe, without evasion, equivocation, or mental reservation of any kind, under no less a penalty, on the violation of any of them than that of having my throat cut across, my tongue torn out by the root (singular) and buried in the sand (singular) of the sea at low water mark, or a cable's length from the shore, where the tide regularly ebbs and flow twice in 24 hours or the more effective punishment of being branded as a wilfully perjured individual, void of all moral worth, and totally unfit to be received into this worshipful Lodge, or any other warranted Lodge, or society of men who prize honour and virtue above the external advantages of rank and fortune. So help me God, and keep me steadfast in this my Great and Solemn Obligation of an Entered Apprentice Freemason."

Think I'll just join the WI and start knitting jumpers for poor people. :)

There was a documentary series on SKY TV recently.

All of the Masons were really enjoying themselves and it seemed to be very innocent. We went through bits of the first degree ceremony, everyone was wearing their symbolic aprons.

The sight of Rick Wakeman (Yes?) explaining it all I will never forget. It seemed to cover the first4 degrees and the higher degrees were described as side orders for those who were interested - apparently most were not,

Not my scene though, all those fancy lunches, no.

There was a documentary series on SKY TV recently.

All of the Masons were really enjoying themselves and it seemed to be very innocent. We went through bits of the first degree ceremony, everyone was wearing their symbolic aprons.

The sight of Rick Wakeman (Yes?) explaining it all I will never forget. It seemed to cover the first4 degrees and the higher degrees were described as side orders for those who were interested - apparently most were not,

Not my scene though, all those fancy lunches, no.

I was at the filming of one of the episodes.........for some reason I appear not to be featured :D

From a Masonic POV it was interesting to see how the filmmaker edited the footage to form an interesting program.

I love fancy lunches. The Connaught Rooms are amazing!

Many thanks to Andrew (flatpopely) for being open and honest.
imo he has been mightily courageous in sharing, and this has made for a genuinely informative and interesting thread.
Also very grateful to have had my misinformation, prejudices and preconceptions corrected so kindly.

advertisement

Back