advertisement

Few bass in NAIM ACTIVE SYSTEM with SBL's WHY??

active SBLs = :D. Cool she is doing that naim thing. Give it time and she will do that prat thing in spades. You have chosen very well. To bad about the pad thing EH ;). On the naca thing the biggest thing with naca is dressing it properly. A hair blower is beautiful to help you contort the dam stuff. Once in place it stay put for eternity. The bananas must be able to move freely with ZERO binding on connecting and disconnection from the speaker/amp terminals. This is key on getting the naca to do its purpose.

Great pics. On one of them I noticed the naca touching the wall behind the loudspeaker terminals. Not good. Hence the right angle naim banana arrangement. Try to get this not to be. SBLs love to be very close to the wall but don't like the wall to vibrate them fiscally. Defeats the purposes in the decoupling design.

On photo 3 I can see your system now. Getting another Ikea makes sense. If you get a Lack in the same color and use the legs. Saw them to the proper height so you can stack both tables to make room for your stuff to breath. And a Lack would be great for your CDP all by its lonesome. This can not be achieved till proper length of naca is purchased.

On photo 3 I can see your system now. Getting another Ikea makes sense. If you get a Lack in the same color and use the legs. Saw them to the proper height so you can stack both tables to make room for your stuff to breath. And a Lack would be great for your CDP all by its lonesome.

jack for you there is little rack to breathe amplifiers?

jack for you there is little rack to breathe amplifiers?

Ya Naim is very particular on placement. A rule of thumb is to use connecting cable as a yard stick on placement. The cdp must have the power supply at bay. Same goes for the pre. Just goggle active naim and look at the pics. Power supply's are as far as possible from the key ingredients. Source,pre,active

To be fair, as others have said, SBLs aren't about room-shattering deep bass. But what they have is tuneful, I don't think anyone can argue about that. I'd probably have kept my black ones (that Samantha traded in when she bought my Avanti IIIs) but they were pretty ugly.

In the end, there are other options that offer a similar approach without quite so much faffing- my Trios are one example, but again they don't do massive bass. Fastest box speaker I have ever heard though, absolute crackers, even if I needed to add a sub to shore up the foundations...

Ya Naim is very particular on placement. A rule of thumb is to use connecting cable as a yard stick on placement. The cdp must have the power supply at bay. Same goes for the pre.

About the cds2 I ordered a piece of marble to be put under the CDP between the marble and the CDP will put the tips of graphite do you think is a good idea?

About the cds2 I ordered a piece of marble to be put under the CDP between the marble and the CDP will put the tips of graphite do you think is a good idea?

No you would think so but large heavy item resonate a low levels. Low frequencies take more time to disappear. Light rigid is the way to go. Fast dissipation. Just use 1/2 mdf with audio cone. Works like a charm and will take the large rack out of the equation also.

SBL bass will never be visceral, its not in its nature. Tune full accurate bass is its fortes. If u want visceral BASS DBL, with 18000 square feet of air is needed.

advertisement

Back