advertisement

Few bass in NAIM ACTIVE SYSTEM with SBL's WHY??

but one question...i don't change the PADS is important to change that?

realy is not in good condition and the little spike is inside the SBL's wood

The pads are important. Also important to fill in the holes in the wood with Ronseal High Performance wood sealer before replacing new pads. You will need pads, staples, silicone. etc.

I didn't think Naim speakers were renown for their bass qualities? that's why nobody likes them. It's the whole flat earth religion innit.

The pads are important. Also important to fill in the holes in the wood with Ronseal High Performance wood sealer before replacing new pads. You will need pads, staples, silicone. etc.[/QUOT

i try to rebuild one more time the SBL's with new pads and fills the old holes with ronseal....

The pads are important. Also important to fill in the holes in the wood with Ronseal High Performance wood sealer before replacing new pads. You will need pads, staples, silicone. etc.[/QUOT

i try to rebuild one more time the SBL's with new pads and fills the old holes with ronseal....

Start at the bottom with the spikes. Make sure they penetrate the carpet and touch the wood floor, whilst making sure the cabinet is as low as possible. If the cabinet is too high above the floor then bass suffers.

If you used washing up liquid then you don't need to replace the gasket (if it is OK). Spikes don't need changing unless broken - just make sure they are as short as possible whilst penetrating carpet and touching floor below, with minimum space between carpet and bottom of speaker cabinet (speaker cabinet almost touches carpet, ..). Make sure speaker is level - no wobble. Then you can start on the gasket bit.

But first remove pads, sand down and fill in holes where staples were. Reapply pads, staples.

Also, before you go about reassembling... let your system warm up for a few days and perhaps check other items such as pre-amp to see if they are ok.

advertisement

Back