advertisement

Few bass in NAIM ACTIVE SYSTEM with SBL's WHY??

Hve you still got the 42.5? If so put it back in the system its a gem. Failing that cut out the crossovers and just try it with one NAP 250. Reduce the complications.

Just for the records... I have LP12 ITTOK/KARMA,Hercules, CDX, 82 with two HIs (another one for the Prefix), 250 and SBLs. Excellent bass! With the Allae that I had before the bass was many times too heavy. So I think that lack in bass is not a problem of the system - if the system functions as it should.

Arye

Just for the records... I have LP12 ITTOK/KARMA,Hercules, CDX, 82 with two HIs (another one for the Prefix), 250 and SBLs. Excellent bass! With the Allae that I had before the bass was many times too heavy. So I think that lack in bass is not a problem of the system - if the system functions as it should.

Arye

Did you ever do the comparison between 1 hicap and 2 on the 82?

Hve you still got the 42.5? If so put it back in the system its a gem. Failing that cut out the crossovers and just try it with one NAP 250. Reduce the complications.

Why would I delete 250 and Naxos? My task is to create an active system, and with the help of some people in PMF the sound has improved ..

positive_energy asks:Did you ever do the comparison between 1 hicap and 2 on the 82?

I upgraded from 102/Hi 180 to 82/hi 180.
The second Hi improves the sound but the 82 with one Hi only is still a huge step over the 102. The 250 is a huge move over the 180 and more valued than adding the second Hi. I think that the second Hi is a good step only when all the other components are at their best.

I use third Hi for the Prefix which is (again...) a huge step over the standard configuration.

Arye

Why would I delete 250 and Naxos? My task is to create an active system, and with the help of some people in PMF the sound has improved ..

NO NO you must go passive to get better performance from Naim now. One amp has better control of 4 drivers and a bunch of current sucking coils,caps and resisters. This is new Naim law, haven't you heard. So you just send me that 250 and I will dispose of it for you OK.

NO NO you must go passive to get better performance from Naim now. One amp has better control of 4 drivers and a bunch of current sucking coils,caps and resisters. This is new Naim law, haven't you heard. So you just send me that 250 and I will dispose of it for you OK.

Ahahahahhahahahah....;):)
Don't tuch my lovely Naim!!!!

Often wrong and also in this case.

I've gone from passive to active SBLs and while it was expensive the bass got it's fullness back, timing was better and there was more detail. All round not something that would be a good thing to remove.

However, it does fill your room with yet more bloody boxes!

Going off your original post it appeared that the sound wasn't right. If you eliminate all the complications and it sounds okay then when you reintroduce the other elements and the problem re-occurs then you will have located the source of the problem. My original idea was to simplify the system in order to locate the problem. lets not have a bun fight ok, there is too much of this on here with certain types with personality disorders and lack of manners.

Breaking news: he's now pretty happy the lack of bass problem has been solved after moving the SBLs off the carpet.

So your post came across as someone speaking from a position of never having gone from passive to active as 'Let's improve the system more by removing the complication...' Hence the dig. OK?

No problem. I had a lack of bass problem when we moved house. The last house was solid floors with carpet. The new house is a suspended floor with a vinyl overlay. It sounded bloody awful whichever way I mounted or positioned the speakers. The only cure was a new pair of speakers, some speakers don't sound right in some rooms no matter what you do with them.

NEWS:
one moment guys...
So absolutely did not want to simplify my system by removing components ..
there is no reason ... it is a classic Naim amplification, you should sound good!
I managed to solve the problem ..
the 250's are warming up, I removed the carpet and the sound is improved, I also removed the TV is the very high frequencies are enhanced ...

only after 2 days and with these small changes the overall sound is very good!
I readjusted the Naxo bringing it to its original configuration ..
This means that the sound is quite balanced ..

My pleasure. I told you it would be OK once it warmed up a bit. And it wasn't just the speakers was it, the pre/power combo was also new and had to warm up...

Hi Davide, just seen this thread - glad to see that you now have my old SBL's set up well and sounding good :)

advertisement

Back