advertisement

European Parliament elections

Labour are going to take a beating but as in the local elections the significance will be moot.
I know I don’t take a forensic interest in politics but I would have thought the significance of taking a beating would be that people weren’t very happy with you.

I know I don’t take a forensic interest in politics but I would have thought the significance of taking a beating would be that people weren’t very happy with you.
Taking a beating from...a hard Brexit party and a hard remain party. The lesson is obvious!

"Hard remain" I love it. It really captures the extremism of not wanting to mess up something that's worked well for decades.

It's like
"Hard not stabbing yourself in the eyeball"
"Hard not shooting yourself in the foot"
"Hard not setting fire to your life savings"
"Hard not stepping in front of a moving train".

Extremism in its rawest form.

Must be a great campaign Nige, you're been given a bukshee milkshake. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/pol...hit-by-a-milkshake-in-newcastle-a4146721.html

Mr Crowther, from Throckley, Newcastle, said it was a £5.25 Five Guys banana and salted caramel milkshake.

He explained: "It's a right of protest against people like him.

"The bile and the racism he spouts out in this country is far more damaging than a bit of milkshake to his front."

As Mr Farage was being led away from the scene, a number of onlookers burst into shrieking laughter.

Jack

farage2005.jpg
1ef18c15be006ff2d361ee91fa008d9902f00466.jpeg

Wow, that didn’t take long. I wonder if it’s AI making the memes now.

Joe

Must be a great campaign Nige, you're been given a bukshee milkshake. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/pol...hit-by-a-milkshake-in-newcastle-a4146721.html

Mr Crowther, from Throckley, Newcastle, said it was a £5.25 Five Guys banana and salted caramel milkshake.

He explained: "It's a right of protest against people like him.

"The bile and the racism he spouts out in this country is far more damaging than a bit of milkshake to his front."

As Mr Farage was being led away from the scene, a number of onlookers burst into shrieking laughter.

Jack

farage2005.jpg
Yes, the mocking cackles in the background and the alcoholic frog trying to keep a lid on it were brilliant. They’re going to love him even more up there once he gets Nissan and it’s suppliers shut down.

What there also is, however, is a bit about universal suffrage, which seems to indicate that citizens living abroad, and foreign national residents (subject to a minimum period of residence perhaps), should be permitted to vote. Neither of which was observed in this referendum. Had it been, I rather suspect the effect of EU residents, and UK expats, would have been to provide a clear and unequivocal Remain mandate. It feels fundamentally unjust that those who, in principle, would be most affected, we're not given a say.

Indeed.

advertisement

Back