advertisement

European Parliament elections

...... and this is just the EU Parliamentary election. This is not a GE and the turnout will be disable and the result will reflect nearly nothing at all.
Yes I think that's the likely outcome. Labour are going to take a beating but as in the local elections the significance will be moot.

The BBC’s Politics Live just played a short clip of a remarkably powerful attack by Gordon Brown on Farage’s Brexit Party. He absolutely hammered their financing etc. I’ll try and find the whole thing later as it looked like a very good speech. Who’d have thought we’d end up craving the leadership prowess of Gordon Brown!

The BBC’s Politics Live just played a short clip of a remarkably powerful attack by Gordon Brown on Farage’s Brexit Party. He absolutely hammered their financing etc. I’ll try and find the whole thing later as it looked like a very good speech. Who’d have thought we’d end up craving the leadership prowess of Gordon Brown!
Jolyon Maugham very persuasive on this on Twitter ATM

Here’s some footage of Gordon Brown’s speech on Twitter. Nail on head IMHO. I’d love to see some of that conviction and fire from Corbyn.

It wouldn't surprise me if you try to push a moot line, when Labour lose the next general election. Again.

Jack
Well, they won't, unless they start accepting the advice from people who know best. But yes, were they to the reasons would be debatable, although very clear to the people who know best.

Regarding the EU elections the debate will be between people who say, Look how well the Lib Dems did with their 15 seats! and those who say, Well, look how well the Brexit Party did, with their 35. Both sides will be very certain that they know best.

Wasn’t it Gordon Brown who saved us from apocalypse in 2008?

Yes I think that's the likely outcome. Labour are going to take a beating but as in the local elections the significance will be moot.

What, in your opinion, could Labour do to appeal to the people who are turning to Farage? You sound like Labour are resigned to getting stuffed in the EU elections and haven't got any ideas beyond accepting the current doomed approach. Do you not think Labour needs to buck up their ideas if they have to face a GE in the next few years.

Must be a great campaign Nige, you're been given a bukshee milkshake. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/pol...hit-by-a-milkshake-in-newcastle-a4146721.html

Mr Crowther, from Throckley, Newcastle, said it was a £5.25 Five Guys banana and salted caramel milkshake.

He explained: "It's a right of protest against people like him.

"The bile and the racism he spouts out in this country is far more damaging than a bit of milkshake to his front."

As Mr Farage was being led away from the scene, a number of onlookers burst into shrieking laughter.

Jack

farage2005.jpg

advertisement

Back