advertisement

European Parliament elections

ks.234

Half way to Infinity
who should I vote for?

I am, so I’ve been reliably informed, one of those screechy momentum types (screechy enough to have one of my posts modded) However, I want to send a clear signal to that prevaricating, racist, hopeless, incompetent, untidy, inept leader of our only hope for a better society, that there must be a second referendum on whatever deal can be manufactured and Remain.

Who should I put my cross against to achieve that aim?

Tricky, i'm veering towards Green to send a message.

Must confess i'm starting to think Remain is still the best option even if that involves a minor uncivil war.

There was a chap in the Salford Council elections standing for Volta. They are definitely pro-Europe. Example:-
  • Establish a Federal Europe with a European Government, headed by a Prime Minister elected by the Parliament, and with a President elected by the people. This will create a strong, open and transparent European parliamentary democracy.
  • Enable the creation of real EU political parties. Current EU parties are loose coalitions of national parties, often with conflicting interests; a real EUdemocracy needs strong parties defending their vision of the future of Europe.
  • Ensure the EU’s ability to act by deciding by majority on all issues in the Councils. Currently, States still decide on many issues by unanimity or consensus, making it far easier to block than to act
https://assets.nationbuilder.com/vo...40629281/Amsterdam_Declaration.pdf?1540629281

I'm hoping to be able to vote for these guys again. They also want an EU Army, police force, AI development, flexible working, significant inclusive and diverse policies.

Pity about the colour.

Surely your only choice is Lib Dems or Change UK but I doubt you could conceivably vote for them although if they were successful that would probably send the biggest message to Jezza. There is a UKEUP but that would be wasted vote I would think.

I will be voting for Lib Dems.

Lib Dem or Green IMO. Change UK have no manifesto nor credibility beyond having splintered away from the two failed main parties that created/enabled this whole mess, whereas both the Libs and Greens have been on the right side of this argument right from the outset and have loudly been making the case for EU membership. They will also both do a very good job for the UK within the EU parliament, i.e. they are not just a hollow protest vote, they have credible manifestos and beliefs to enact.

Lib Dem or Green IMO. Change UK have no manifesto nor credibility beyond having splintered away from the two failed main parties that created/enabled this whole mess, whereas both the Libs and Greens have been on the right side of this argument right from the outset and have loudly been making the case for EU membership. They will also both do a very good job for the UK within the EU parliament, i.e. they are not just a hollow protest vote, they have credible manifestos and beliefs to enact.

Yes, dead right. When it comes to having "credible manifestos and beliefs to enact" you can certainly rely on the LibDems.

Well, you can if you are prepared to turn a blind eye to how they jumped into bed with the Tories (against their beliefs) when they were given a sniff of power. Oh, you'll also have to ignore that little thing about tuition fees. That was in their credible manifesto I think.

Yes, dead right. When it comes to having "credible manifestos and beliefs to enact" you can certainly rely on the LibDems.

Well, you can if you are prepared to turn a blind eye to how they jumped into bed with the Tories (against their beliefs) when they were given a sniff of power. Oh, you'll also have to ignore that little thing about tuition fees. That was in their credible manifesto I think.

Iraq war, PFI, the ugly creeping authoritarianism of Straw, Blunket and Clark, the ongoing Brexit ineptitude and non-dealing of anti-Semitism of Corbyn etc etc. Need I go on?

Iraq war, PFI, the ugly creeping authoritarianism of Straw, Blunket and Clark, the ongoing Brexit ineptitude and non-dealing of anti-Semitism of Corbyn etc etc. Need I go on?

Go on as much as you want sunshine. What aboutism won't cut it here. You said quite clearly that the LibDems have credible manifestos and beliefs to enact. Your words not mine. Recent history suggests that is at odds with what they actually are and that's a bunch of unprincipled charlatans who can't be trusted.

who should I vote for?

I am, so I’ve been reliably informed, one of those screechy momentum types (screechy enough to have one of my posts modded) However, I want to send a clear signal to that prevaricating, racist, hopeless, incompetent, untidy, inept leader of our only hope for a better society, that there must be a second referendum on whatever deal can be manufactured and Remain.

None.

Total waste of time and money. There is an odds on chance that whoever is elected won't even sit in the chamber. The EU won't want us there anyway and Farage will be their nightmare.

who should I vote for?

Whomever you are referring to will spin the results as it suits him/her. So don’t try to send a message, vote for the party that claims it will try to do what you want.

There was a chap in the Salford Council elections standing for Volta. They are definitely pro-Europe. Example:-
  • Establish a Federal Europe with a European Government, headed by a Prime Minister elected by the Parliament, and with a President elected by the people. This will create a strong, open and transparent European parliamentary democracy.
  • Enable the creation of real EU political parties. Current EU parties are loose coalitions of national parties, often with conflicting interests; a real EUdemocracy needs strong parties defending their vision of the future of Europe.
  • Ensure the EU’s ability to act by deciding by majority on all issues in the Councils. Currently, States still decide on many issues by unanimity or consensus, making it far easier to block than to act
https://assets.nationbuilder.com/vo...40629281/Amsterdam_Declaration.pdf?1540629281

I'm hoping to be able to vote for these guys again. They also want an EU Army, police force, AI development, flexible working, significant inclusive and diverse policies.

Pity about the colour.

That’s impressive, though I can't see what any of it has to do with the day to day nitty-gritty of running Salford Council!

Pity about the colour.
I hope the Volt Force spreads further than Salford!

And changes it’s corporate colour

There’s only going to be one way to vote in the European elections if you’re in Scotland. It’s a nice easy choice.

Pity about the colour.
I could not think of a worse set of aims, federal EU is exactly why I voted leave.

advertisement

Back