advertisement

England cricket - winter 2019/20

I see Buttler is injured and Pope may keep wicket.
Not ideal when there better keepers sitting around the UK.

At least we have won the toss again.

No spinner.....

Have to admire the way the NZ team conduct themselves on the pitch and during interviews.

The one thing we have in England in spades is world class wicketkeepers who are also superb attacking middle order batsmen. Oh the irony.

Agreed. Some of our best players are derided, without sometimes realising how generational they are in terms of their kudos and quality. Root needs supporting, not deriding.

Indeed.

Crickinfo, best ever England batting averages - top 50. Spot THE current player, even in a run of poor form...

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...r_batting_average.html?class=1;id=1;type=team

Those that hate Sir Geoffrey will note that Roots' current score means Sir Geoffrey is relegated to second greatest living Englishman.

In the last two tests the recently impregnable Steve Smith got 4 and 36. Warner, who couldn't get any runs in England, hit two hundreds, the second of which was a triple. Labuschagne - two daddy hundreds also.

Double hundred for Root is great news , hope he can keep it up in the future , due to weather draw looks certain

I'm not saying anything - there's just nothing to add to what I've been saying for a long time...

advertisement

Back