advertisement

England cricket - winter 2019/20

And a bit hit and miss today. Is it possible that Pope should come in before Stokes, at least until the top 3 are more reliable ?
Got to 300 so it depends on how long Buttler stays after lunch..

Seriously hope the English selectors keep with the youngsters and let them gain experience. I fear that Anderson may have had his day because of his susceptibility to injury.

South Africa and captain in particular, really lost the plot to today, I also was expecting more of a fight from their opening batsman.

Lastly the reduction of five day test matches to four days should on no account be contemplated.

England batted very poorly second innings, particularly the middle order. SA are a very weak side, I don't think it's showing us much but it's given some of them a bit of experience and some time in the middle, which has been long overdue.

You can only beat what is in front of you. Several young players impressed, and will go to Sri Lanka. Root did well as captain, but still seems to take incoming. We need to look after him. He is a generational player, like both Stokes and previously Cook.

SA were worse than expected but a great display by England in pushing the advantage home . They will need to keep the positivity going and hopefully less injuries

The changes in management behind the scenes are starting to materialise on the pitch and it’s for the better. A lot of hard work still required before we have any chance of regaining he Ashes down under.

advertisement

Back