advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-25 speaker cables

Hi Colin
As a TQ Black cable owner, I'm appalled by the treatment you have clearly recieved by said friends/business partner.

I'm glad I have found this thread as was fully intending to move up the TQ chain. Which needless to say won't happen now.

Out of curiosity, and I don't really expect you to answer this, but where do you consider your LS-25 speaker cable to sit in the TQ lineup. No harm in asking 😊

No biased to my new cable, but you all will have to try it and see if it works for you. Sorry

Well good luck to you, and fully intend too 😊

Be handy if you could get the interconnects to market soon though.

Cheers Colin

XLRs are the most transparent cables I've used i.e. decent pro-audio cables are more than enough.

Did you ever tested or it is just an assumption?
I have Colin's XLR (TQ Black) and mogami pro audio cable. And mogami is looooose with bass like hell...Colin's xlr is much better.

Literally fantastic.
Keith

I can sense you are being sarcastic.

I have tested Mogami 2534 :
http://www.mogamicable.com/category/bulk/microphone/quad/

Quote from www:
''The cable has also become popular for use with unbalanced equipment, such as high quality pre-amp, amp inputs and tape decks''

Back than I had Adam A7X monitors. My 1m Atlas Equator RCA was to short for new room ,so got longer Mogami xlr... and suddenly with xlr bass was over blowing the room. Could not belief it was so loose at the bottom. As a source for this testing I was using my linn klimax from hifi system (I was waiting for mytek to arrive). The same was true when I tested Mogami with atc scm11, and the same is true today with Focal Sopra 2.

I do find it amazing that folk can propose 10-15k active speaker and struggle to grasp the concept that cables need to be carefully selected.

Eugh. Hide the cables as much as possible. In fact, hide the hifi out of view if at all possible.

Foxman: here's a biased opinion. I've heard ultra black and graphite cables (both of which Colin designed for tellurium q), the EWA LS-25 does everything they do and more IMO.

Eugh. Hide the cables as much as possible. In fact, hide the hifi out of view if at all possible.

Foxman: here's a biased opinion. I've heard ultra black and graphite cables (both of which Colin designed for tellurium q), the EWA LS-25 does everything they do and more IMO.

Cheers Alan. Promising indeed, even if a little biased :D

Well I now have a set of these in my grubby little paws, well in my system anyway. Existing cables were TQ Blacks, but with only a few hours on the LS-25's, my god what an improvement.

Soundstage, separation, focus, treble, etc etc... its all there. Can these improve with run in time??.

I have trialled a few looms recently with silly values on them and these are equals without doubt.

Thanks Colin for producing such a fantastic set of cables, now get back to work and get the interconnects released :D

Well I now have a set of these in my grubby little paws, well in my system anyway. Existing cables were TQ Blacks, but with only a few hours on the LS-25's, my god what an improvement.

Soundstage, separation, focus, treble, etc etc... its all there. Can these improve with run in time??.

I have trialled a few looms recently with silly values on them and these are equals without doubt.

Thanks Colin for producing such a fantastic set of cables, now get back to work and get the interconnects released :D

Just made up Mr.Brown set of interconnects so lets see what he thinks of them, before I/we go mad.
It was a real pleasure meeting you Sunday, did you go and see the record shops ? I did when we came back spent to many pennies whoops.
;)

I do find it amazing that folk can propose 10-15k active speaker and struggle to grasp the concept that cables need to be carefully selected

I do find it amazing that folk struggle to grasp the concept that the whole point of buying good kit is you don’t have to bother with silly ****y wire and it’s shills to get great sound.

Just made up Mr.Brown set of interconnects so lets see what he thinks of them, before I/we go mad.
It was a real pleasure meeting you Sunday, did you go and see the record shops ? I did when we came back spent to many pennies whoops.
;)

Great to meet you also Colin.

Pop a link up when he has issued his review, im sure plenty on here will be interested to read.

Unfortunately not, had to get back, the other half had a paint brush waiting with my name on it. :D

Will get her in the car on the premise of a Sunday drive, oh look dear lets take a look ;)

Loving the cables.

advertisement

Back