advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-25 speaker cables

Pretty much. I was hovering close by through that lot, it was/is an ugly mess. I've never seen an individual dumped on so badly. :mad:

I strongly suspect that the cleaner at that company sees more financially from them than the person who designed the products.

This is something I can not understand. Really...
I wish Colin all the best, he seams to be good guy.
I still have his tellurium cables in my system, and was thinking about going up, Silver or Black Diamond. But... I like to give my monies to people who do the business in right way....

Well, Ls25 cables are good from what I read, but I am not sure they are better than Diamond, and no one tested them against Ultra.

That's perfectly true, although bi wiring with 2 sets of LS-25 may take you beyond (and still be substantially cheaper than) black diamond. I'm sure that the designer would be happy to advise, and Mark Grant does a returns period.

I can't remember what name Colin posts under at pfm - is it CJ14? If not, he is Anticrap at Audiochews.

That's perfectly true, although bi wiring with 2 sets of LS-25 may take you beyond (and still be substantially cheaper than) black diamond. I'm sure that the designer would be happy to advise, and Mark Grant does a returns period.

I can't remember what name Colin posts under at pfm - is it CJ14? If not, he is Anticrap at Audiochews.

I have Sopras no.2 with single port ;) and I am not a big fan of bi wiring. I am aware of return periods, this should be quite handy for anyone who wants to try them.

Colin claims the LS25 are the best cables he's designed to date.... he designed all TQB have to offer, make what you want of that I suppose ;)

I just realised the price on website is for pair of cables, not for single one...
If those are even close to TQ Ultra that is very very good price!

I just ordered LS-25 :)

Is it lets check he he

Colin, would you be able to fill in some of the holes you left from previous discussions in this thread. Especially from adamdea and julf who supplied some very reasonable questions. Specifically regarding the importance of skin effect on audio frequencies, we all know the importance of skin effect in other fields of electrical engineering, what is not aparent is its importance and classification in audio electronics. For obvious reasons. Personally my belief in speaker cable differences, lies with phase errors. Something that possibly ties in with reactance and impedance, but i have not come across sufficient evidence to prove this to myself.

Heck it is thanks Alan

Colin,

I just had good read and I have much better picture how Geoff&Co have treated you. And something like this is just wrong. Shocking...

Good thing is you have moved on and started EWA and I will try to help a bit. I will spread the world about your cables back in my homeland :D

All the best

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgAoYc8JDXVuiGllhg--ge985gyv

Here. I couldn't make much sense of it, it describes character impedance in great detail but the only references i could pick up that could relate to audio electronics, is with phase angle. Which is just a beleif of my own without any proof. But a solid theory would be enough for me.
Could you elaborate on this colin ?

The characteristic impedance is based on the pretty straightforward equivalent model of a cable, with series resistance and inductance, and parallel capacitance and resistance.

Hi Colin
As a TQ Black cable owner, I'm appalled by the treatment you have clearly recieved by said friends/business partner.

I'm glad I have found this thread as was fully intending to move up the TQ chain. Which needless to say won't happen now.

Out of curiosity, and I don't really expect you to answer this, but where do you consider your LS-25 speaker cable to sit in the TQ lineup. No harm in asking 😊

advertisement

Back