advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-25 speaker cables

No it a good thing I freeze mine then hot water and then cold, the sound improvement is well noted, but the best bit is a shorter run in time.

Dan, I'm glad you're enjoying them. They are effectively unused before you got them.

If you like what they do in specific areas (it looks like you're dialling into them nicely), the LS-25 do the same thing in orders of magnitude. Across the entire frequency range. It is not so subtle as the LS-5 either.

Hi Alan,

Thats is interesting as the LS-5 feels quite laid back, so would be a good comparison, not sure I am up for the more of everything sound having just left NAIM for similar 'front foot forward' reasoning, quite enjoying this Devialet and its more softer/mellower approach. Thanks Alan.

...which suggests the amp is happier working into it.

It is a new Devialet 130pro and quite happy with it, SAM is at 100% though but my room dynamics are not the best to be fair, but it is much meatier than I had before without questions, 250DR was the amp before that.

Hi Alan,

Thats is interesting as the LS-5 feels quite laid back, so would be a good comparison, not sure I am up for the more of everything sound having just left NAIM for similar 'front foot forward' reasoning, quite enjoying this Devialet and its more softer/mellower approach. Thanks Alan.

It's not just more of the top end only, but more lower registry info in depth and detail going into midrange openness.

Hi Alan,

You're very welcome. You could be risking sensory overload...!

CK, you need to talk to Colin directly and borrow and M50 or M100. You need to. ;)

Tried to post a comment, actually a recommendation, on the Naim forum regarding these cables and had the post moderated stating that the following

"Moderated Post: I have removed the name of someone who does not wish for their name or products to be discussed on here."

I wonder why this would be, although I believe CW had produced cabling for Naim, either way seems odd to me.

It's not just more of the top end only, but more lower registry info in depth and detail going into midrange openness.

Yes missing some mid range with the LS-5s but thought that might grow.

Must admit I do have the bass I like now, but SAM is all the way up to 100%, perhaps the LS-25s would let me dial that down a little?

If the higher frequencies are being dug out even more but with the same softer roll of I'd find that appealing also.

Yes that's exactly what the 25s do, doubt you'd find anything other than improvements.

Yes I do recall trying the Super Lumina and they were just way too much, on the NAIM forum owners mentioned that they took ages to run in and calm down, so a little bit cautious

Will keep the LS-5s running for a few more weeks and then try out the 25s perhaps as an Xmas treat as such.

Great feedback and comments BTW from this thread, thanks CK :)

advertisement

Back