Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Elsdon Wonder Audio IC-25 Interconnect Cables

Discussion in 'audio' started by CliffB, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Nice one Raj- you putting in one new cable at a time or you going all in- may help some folk who are thinking of purchasing... we will require a full report anyway.:D

2. IMHO a fill loom is defo the way to go ;) First of all I installed my new 2.5m set of LS-40s, then the USB cable.
    I was using a decent standard Class 2 Lindy Cromo USB Cable, The EWA was swapped in and out twice to confirm what i was hearing.The USB cable is a 'must' to try, we were quite surprised by what it offers.
    Then I installed 1 MCS-5 on the Aavik U-300, didn't do any in/out swaps as i don't like powering up/down and its awkward to change cables. I'll revert back to the Neotech cables in a few days and see if I hear anything different again.
    Then I installed 1 MCS-5 on the HD Plex 300, didn't do any in/out swaps as i don't like powering up/down and its awkward to change cables. Not expecting anything substantial here but it adds completeness to the full loom! :D

3. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

Given all the talk of the 'full loom' on the LS40 thread we need a set of interconnects (and maybe a mains cable) to do a UK tour? :D

Tarzan likes this.
  4. steveinspain

steveinspain pfm Member

I'd certainly be interested in a trial of a mains cable with iec plug..

5. So a little update, I've now settled on keeping the EWA loom... It's enhanced the system perfectly. Going to be keeping 1x MCS-5 mains cable, 1x EWA USB cable, and a 2.5m pair of LS-40's.

I can recommend trying an EWA loom to anyone who maybe interested; every cable has had a positive effect. Even the USB is noticeably better than a standard Lindy Cromo Class 2 cables.
    Tried swapping the EWA MSC-5 power cable back to the Neotech yesterday, Its not a massive difference but still better, the MSC-5 had more solidity and definition to the bass and slightly wider soundstage... I have two here on (free) dem purely to complete the loom, 1, 1.5m MSC-5 to the U-300 and the other 1.5m MSC-5 to the HD-PLEX 300 PSU. I can't justify keeping both except on visual merit lol, it's a bit perverse to use a £530 mains cable on the £440 PSU feeding a computer :p

I was fairly sceptical of the mains cable and to some point the USB cable too. I don't understand how or why they should make a difference due to the obvious and had previously thought good shielding being of any real merit.
    I've noticed they take a good week of solid use to fully reveal their true potential from new. The LS-40s were brand new when I got them first time around. This new loom was all newly built again. Either my perception of them has climatized or they do really need a good running-in.

So once again, thanks to @ABCaudio & @CJ14 for the demo/loan. Alan/Colin, do you want to start a tour with the additional 1.5m MCS-5 mains cable i have here?

CJ14 and Tarzan like this.
  6. steveinspain

steveinspain pfm Member

Can I be first on the list if it happens please ?

Cereal Killer likes this.
  7. Also The 90cm USB cable I have here will be swapped out for a 120cm length this coming week... @ABCaudio @CJ14 - up for a tour again?

8. ABCaudio

ABCaudio Trade: ABCaudio, representing EWA

Hi all,

I'm perfectly happy for these two items to go on demo for whoever wants to hear them. Just contact me directly!

Best regards,

Alan

Heckyman likes this.
  9. @ABCaudio @CJ14 Do you guys have plans for the 1.5m MCS-5 mains and 1m x EWA USB cable to go on tour yet?

Think @steveinspain was wanting to demo the mains cable IIRC

10. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

@steveinspain has a hardwired mains cable already I believe.... . But he may want more!

steveinspain and Cereal Killer like this.
  11. ABCaudio

ABCaudio Trade: ABCaudio, representing EWA

Steve should be sorted for now...;)

I tell you what, Raj, I'll have them back here for now while I get everything ready for April. Can I arrange collection from you next week?

steveinspain likes this.
  12. Yes, absolutely.

13. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Er no.:rolleyes:

14. RoA

RoA pfm Member

Have I mis-read this or is this amplifier €39'000?!

PerF likes this.
  15. steveinspain

steveinspain pfm Member

Who doesn't ?

16. RoA

RoA pfm Member

Wow. Have you done a write up? I'd be interested in reading your take on it. Thanks for the links, I will work my way through those.

I can never afford this but is it indeed special enough to justify such a price?

17. IMHO, its very much worth it, I've tried and owned many ultra integrated amps from the likes of Analog Domain ISIS D75, Vitus RI101/SIA-025/RD-RS100, Audionet DNA/WATT, Devialet 250 Pro, Bel Canto ACI-600, Mcintosh MC9000 and probs a few more.

RoA likes this.
  18. CJ14

CJ14 Retired

I think Alan my allow all the cables designs to go on tour if asked nicely.