advertisement

Elsdon Wonder Audio IC-25 Interconnect Cables

So today 2x 1.5m MCS-5 EWA mains cables and a 1m EWA USB A-B cable arrived and have been installed. Instant reaction; a full loom does indeed make a subtle to succinct difference / improvement.
Obviously More time required, but I do like what I'm hearing.

Nice one Raj- you putting in one new cable at a time or you going all in- may help some folk who are thinking of purchasing... we will require a full report anyway.:D

IMHO a fill loom is defo the way to go ;) First of all I installed my new 2.5m set of LS-40s, then the USB cable.
I was using a decent standard Class 2 Lindy Cromo USB Cable, The EWA was swapped in and out twice to confirm what i was hearing.The USB cable is a 'must' to try, we were quite surprised by what it offers.
Then I installed 1 MCS-5 on the Aavik U-300, didn't do any in/out swaps as i don't like powering up/down and its awkward to change cables. I'll revert back to the Neotech cables in a few days and see if I hear anything different again.
Then I installed 1 MCS-5 on the HD Plex 300, didn't do any in/out swaps as i don't like powering up/down and its awkward to change cables. Not expecting anything substantial here but it adds completeness to the full loom! :D

Given all the talk of the 'full loom' on the LS40 thread we need a set of interconnects (and maybe a mains cable) to do a UK tour? :D

So a little update, I've now settled on keeping the EWA loom... It's enhanced the system perfectly. Going to be keeping 1x MCS-5 mains cable, 1x EWA USB cable, and a 2.5m pair of LS-40's.

I can recommend trying an EWA loom to anyone who maybe interested; every cable has had a positive effect. Even the USB is noticeably better than a standard Lindy Cromo Class 2 cables.
Tried swapping the EWA MSC-5 power cable back to the Neotech yesterday, Its not a massive difference but still better, the MSC-5 had more solidity and definition to the bass and slightly wider soundstage... I have two here on (free) dem purely to complete the loom, 1, 1.5m MSC-5 to the U-300 and the other 1.5m MSC-5 to the HD-PLEX 300 PSU. I can't justify keeping both except on visual merit lol, it's a bit perverse to use a £530 mains cable on the £440 PSU feeding a computer :p

I was fairly sceptical of the mains cable and to some point the USB cable too. I don't understand how or why they should make a difference due to the obvious and had previously thought good shielding being of any real merit.
I've noticed they take a good week of solid use to fully reveal their true potential from new. The LS-40s were brand new when I got them first time around. This new loom was all newly built again. Either my perception of them has climatized or they do really need a good running-in.

So once again, thanks to @ABCaudio & @CJ14 for the demo/loan. Alan/Colin, do you want to start a tour with the additional 1.5m MCS-5 mains cable i have here?

Steve should be sorted for now...;)

I tell you what, Raj, I'll have them back here for now while I get everything ready for April. Can I arrange collection from you next week?

Wow. Have you done a write up? I'd be interested in reading your take on it. Thanks for the links, I will work my way through those.

I can never afford this but is it indeed special enough to justify such a price?

is it indeed special enough to justify such a price?

IMHO, its very much worth it, I've tried and owned many ultra integrated amps from the likes of Analog Domain ISIS D75, Vitus RI101/SIA-025/RD-RS100, Audionet DNA/WATT, Devialet 250 Pro, Bel Canto ACI-600, Mcintosh MC9000 and probs a few more.

Reactions: RoA

advertisement

Back