advertisement

Dispute with Amazon

Why would you have 4 connected computers? My lenovo laptop drives 4 displays on it's own (+ its own screen).

Because a significant use case is replacing arrays of 4 panels typical mounted 2x2 on a vertical pole mount and connected to 4 different computers. Our main ops bench goes from 12 24" monitors to 3 43". Or would do if you could actually do this.

It still bothers me how casually it all seems to be dealt with.

Where is the effective tracking on a £1000 monitor? If things go "missing" the logistics operation must have some idea where thieves are operating.

Drag them into a room and say if one of you doesn't own up, youre spoiling it for everybody here :) No christmas party for anyone until the naughty person comes forward :)

As far as Im concerned this is a culture of theft as a perk of the job. If its logged onto a van and goes missing, how is the driver actually getting away with that? Either they took it to the right address or they didnt so where are the acceptable excuses? They must be coming up with stuff like "I think I did and somebody signed for it"...it just doesnt hold up to scrutiny. If it didnt make the van then someone in the depot has half inched it

They used to publish stories of posties with a years worth of mail in their garage...how the hell does it get that far?

Unbelievable experience, I hope you get it sorted Matthew.

I use Amazon Prime quite a lot and they're generally really good. However, they've recently started leaving small parcels on my doorstep and claiming it was handed over. If they do it again, then I shall complain.

Matthew,

Well, that blows. Have you tried going all Walter on their arse?*

Joe

* Obviously, modified for a UK audience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon Prime delivered (i.e. left on my doorstep) a box last week while I was away for a few days. Fortunately the weather was a bit rubbish and the wind blowing in the right direction, so the chocolates inside were OK. Not a high value parcel like Matthew's, but I do wonder who signed the receipt.

Because a significant use case is replacing arrays of 4 panels typical mounted 2x2 on a vertical pole mount and connected to 4 different computers. Our main ops bench goes from 12 24" monitors to 3 43". Or would do if you could actually do this.

But you'd imagine in those cases they would already have all the KVM switches they require thus negating iGary's gripe.

Amazon Prime delivered (i.e. left on my doorstep) a box last week while I was away for a few days. Fortunately the weather was a bit rubbish and the wind blowing in the right direction, so the chocolates inside were OK. Not a high value parcel like Matthew's, but I do wonder who signed the receipt.

The driver no doubt.

yep, one bit of their process I'm not sure about - as we know these kind of drivers get paid per drop off - so, they don't want to make return journeys to deliver something if you're not in, so you'll find they'll just dump it...

but if something goes missing etc - then who covers he cost of these items? - as I had an item goe missing recently and amazon sent it back out and that value of that was just over 20 quid...is it amazon, or the courier company?

Hmm...wonder what happened in the end with him?

the moral seems to be don't buy expensive items from amazon - unless you specify specific instructions on hat to do if you aren't in, or pay for delivery using a courier rather than amazon logistcs (I don't have any experience of this, so maybe way off mark...)

Unbelievable experience, I hope you get it sorted Matthew.

I use Amazon Prime quite a lot and they're generally really good. However, they've recently started leaving small parcels on my doorstep and claiming it was handed over. If they do it again, then I shall complain.

Exactly. Ive had this from a couple of couriers. The postie is pretty good but every now and then I just get an envelope delivered without the signature required. I deal in collectables and some rarer items come recorded for a reason

I dont tempt fate by ordering really expensive items from a distance. I dont want a small claims court hearing where its difficult to prove things 100%

Hmm...wonder what happened in the end with him?

the moral seems to be don't buy expensive items from amazon -

In a way we shouldn't be surprised, if you pay less then surely there must be something missing and as catalogued here, there is a downside.

I only hope that there will still be room in the market for other retailers to survive in the long term who can exist for customers who don't want to pay bottom dollar for everything.

It's as if we've entered a unique period in consumption where paying the least is the experience, and no other element of the transaction has any value. I don't go shopping very often but I really enjoy visiting shops when I want something.

Mathew,

Is it really such a bother to pop down to your local police station and report the crime in person, all as requested by Amazon ? - who btw, have now communicated with you whereas before, they were ignoring you.

At least this way, the ball is FIRMLY in their court. No ifs or buts about it.

You will then be in an absolutely firm position to
insist they deal with it
request your credit card company to deal with it
to sue them

Probably in that order, if necessary.

Otherwise there is the real possibility that you will be accused of procrastination or some such diversionary triviality.

I agree with Don.

Amazon may be waiting on a Crime Report before taking internal proceedings.

They may already have previous on this driver from other customers and are waiting for the proverbial straw.

Since the goods were never in Matthew's possession they haven't been stolen from him, and maybe they haven't been stolen at all.

The onus is on Amazon to prove delivery, the CC company will expect it and the small claims court will expect it, so those are the routes I would take.

advertisement

Back