advertisement

Dispute with Amazon

But incorrectly, wasting police time reporting a crime that may or may not have occurred, that's nothing to do with you, and that you have no details of.

Indeed. It seems obvious to me that Amazon suspect me of theft so it's not clear if I am meant to be reporting them for a crime or turning myself in.

It sounds a complete nightmare. Their unwillingness to listen to you is quite remarkable. I'd have expected much better. I remember getting caught by a rogue trader on Amazon selling SACDs they didn't actually have to sell. Amazon did refund me, but sent a snottogram saying that if I claimed more than three times I may not be allowed to use the marketplace/have account suspended etc in future... Hope it gets resolved.

I fell an appropriate response would be to firebomb to nearest Amazon distribution centre, and if accused of the crime, point out that you have no record of having "shipped" any Molotov cocktails to Amazon. It is possible that whomever sent them meant to send them to a neighbour who was out and they were signed for by Amazon. Unless you can provide time stamped signature evidence that is was one of our bearded bomb throwing loons we are unable to take this matter further...

I would be tempted to put a feedback entry for the product indicating that Amazon was not able to ship the product so do not bother to order it from Amazon.

I would be tempted to put a feedback entry for the product indicating that Amazon was not able to ship the product so do not bother to order it from Amazon.

That's an interesting idea. It would be the right thing to do, but probably wouldn't help the OP to get his money back.

Jack

I reported the crime. Both to the police directly and via the police's official website for reporting these types of fraud. I have an official police crime number and my report is in the system.

This I believe to be preposterous for what I think are obvious reasons but is still not good enough for Amazon or, apparently, you.

FWIW, I consider Amazon to be amazingly stubborn in dealing with your non-delivery.

The issue is how to resolve the situation as quickly as possible.

By all means whinge about Amazon on Pinkfish. It won't achieve anything.

By all means keep writing to Amazon, or e-mailing them or phoning them. Write to the CEO. Make sure each letter is clear, concise and more forceful than the last. This doesn't seem to be working on this occasion. So far.

Start Small Claims Court Proceedings. Or engage your solicitor. Take his advice (preferably).

But first, whichever route you consider is best, simply do what Amazon have asked you to do. This simply puts the ball firmly in their court and gives you or your legal team a sound basis for initiating an action against Amazon.

What Amazon wants has nothing to do with it.

Goods paid for and not received is what this is about. The rest is flim-flam and diversion.

Small Claims now.

I will also predict how it would go:

Most likely Amazon do not respond to the claim and matthew gets judgement by default.

In the unlikely circumstance that Amazon actually attend:

Judge: matthew , you claim is that you paid Amazon for a computer monitor (whatever that is) and you did not receive it.

Judge: Amazon you claim it was delivered to matthew. What evidence do you have to substantiate that?

Amazon: err...

If the OP used a credit card he should try section 75 protection first.
The CC company are equally responsible as the seller.

The problem is that the CC might well take Amazon's side - one monolithic corporation finding it easier to side with another monolithic corporation that is a big user of the CC's service.

But worth a try.

A bigger problem is that the screen was bought with a debit card, not a credit card. From the OP:

'I plan to speak to my bank and try to get my money back via them (I paid by debit card) does anyone know about how to best get this to work'

I paid by charge card. I have disputed the payment and hope to get my money back via the bank.

Amazon have made me feel like a criminal and generally, in my view, been complete dicks about the whole thing.. Their idea that i should report this to the police doesnt make much sense.

The bank will not get your money back i'm afraid, once a payment goes through, it's gone. Unless you can prove it's fraudulant, they will not act, also, if they cannot prove such, same scenario.

This whole scenario is quite baffling, i did ask this question at the beginning, so will attempt it again, are you 100% sure you purchased through the legitimate Amazon site, scam sites are all over the internet, paypal is one particular scam site, there are lot's of them around asking for details.
You are a much more patient man than i, i would be banging down the door of Amazon over a situation such as this, i would go legal from here on in, it's the only way forward i feel, get some legal advice from an expert, they will be able to fill you in on exactly where you stand & which move to make.

This whole scenario is quite baffling, i did ask this question at the beginning, so will attempt it again, are you 100% sure you purchased through the legitimate Amazon site, scam sites are all over the internet, paypal is one particular scam site, there are lot's of them around asking for details.

I think if you think that through for a few moments you will be able to answer the question for yourself.

advertisement

Back