advertisement

DC Blocker GB closing soon

I have also made and enquiry to Bopla for 2 x ABP 2070-0200 enclosures with a length of 250mm
See what they come back with as your enclosures do look rather nice

Alan

Hi Alan @337alant, thank you for your new order of EMI/RFI boards ;)! They will be shipped today, hope you'll receive them soon.
BTW, if you have an interest of sheet metal cases, powder coated, I can arrange its production provided that they are at least 10 pcs. per type.

I have also made and enquiry to Bopla for 2 x ABP 2070-0200 enclosures with a length of 250mm
See what they come back with as your enclosures do look rather nice Alan

MMmm Bopla want 228 GBP for 2 boxes :eek:, so Ill keep looking

Alan

James,
Thanks for the link they have some excellent cases there :cool:
Yes that's nice for the DC-03 alone but I am including 2 of the EMI/RFI boards in each of my build like Cereal Killer
The DC-03 dims are 81.3mm X 192.4mm & the EMI/RFI filters are 50mm x 82mm.
So width wise IMO I need at least 200mm width internal space and 220 - 250mm internal length.
For height, caps are approx 50mm so with board and standoffs you need about 70mm
This would work nicely (Ordered 2, 30 days delivery)
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/diy-...minium-260x249x90mm-black-pannel-p-14211.html
Also this
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/alum...round-corners-319x239x89mm-black-p-11342.html
And maybe this
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/alum...phono-100-aluminium-311x220x100mm-p-9080.html

Alan

Almost worth paying the extra 10 Euros for the rounded corners one just because it's the only one that doesn't have a +30 day lead time!

Ah cmon cut a cheap skate some slack, bloody thing is hidden behind a rack of Naim Olive, nobody wants to look at my DC blocker :p

Thanks Alan, was quite pleased with the simplicity - and the price! Will be a hydra once cpc deliver that which they cocked up first time, they sent 3 x IEC plug and 1 x IEC socket for some reason, the socket looked like it had been on the floor for a while, my guess: adjacent bins in stores and somebody spotted it on the floor and chucked it back in the wrong bin ... then into my order. I think it is great others go the extra mile and make something that looks good too, but that isn't for me on this occasion.

I'm still smiling at the difference this DC/EMI/CM filter combo has brought to the party... i didn't realise my mains was sooo shitty. I'm convinced the star earthing and Neutrik PowerCON1 connectors play a part in the equation too.

Finally finished off with a cheapo UK mains plug with a 10A fuse so I know I'm protecting the 12A rated DC03, and a four way hand made hydra to 4 off Schurter rewireable IEC connectors all with cheapo 2.5mm square flex. As cheap and effective as I hoped, powering Hicap/72, Hicap/NAXO, and 2xNAP250. General Naim transformer hum seems less and more importantly the big buzzing hum I occasionally got that was audible from listening position in quiet sections of music has not appeared at all since. Fingers crossed it stays that way, this is a great improvement for peanuts.

You should also try the CM filter, i ran the DC03 without for a week/10 day so familiarised myself with and without. The combination make a considerable improvement over either alone.

advertisement

Back