advertisement

DC Blocker GB closing soon

Hmm, not quite what I thought you'd answer, I'll be more specific ....

9222 (standard/high attenuation) or 9244 (high/very high attenuation)?
Standard, bleed resistor or medical version?

Or does it make very little difference which one to use?

I've been lucky to find one of these Blockers recently, and after running it for a week or so I'm planning to move it to a better box.
Any idea how long it's likely to hold charge for ? adding up the uf numbers gives a scary total, and I'm wary of touching it now it's been powdered up !
Thanks

Well I finally received my 2 enclosures from Audiophonics, I ordered them in February 2020 and they took the money then as well, they arrived a couple of days ago, only 9 months late and they had the cheek to send be a request to rate this purchase LOL:confused:
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/diy-...minium-260x311x90mm-black-pannel-p-14211.html

On the RFI filters I have 4 x 0.47uf X2 caps and 4 x 1uf X2 caps, judging by the DIY audio I should use the 0.47uf filter caps ? any comments ?
I will also leave out the Y1 caps

Alan

I completed my DC Blocker today
I included 3 outlets one from the DCT03 direct and 2 outlets through CM/EMI Filter's
I tested each panel of the case and there is good continuity to earth
I plugged it into the mains and it didn't blow up :D, I get good readings from all outlets
Only problem is I cant try it in my system as I think I bought the wring cable plugs for the outlets as they are not compatible :eek::confused::(
Ill get the right ones ordered tomorrow

DCT03-3 by Alan Towell, on Flickr
DCT03-4 by Alan Towell, on Flickr
DCT03-5 by Alan Towell, on Flickr
Alan

I completed my DC Blocker today
I included 3 outlets one from the DCT03 direct and 2 outlets through CM/EMI Filter's
I tested each panel of the case and there is good continuity to earth
I plugged it into the mains and it didn't blow up :D, I get good readings from all outlets
Only problem is I cant try it in my system as I think I bought the wring cable plugs for the outlets as they are not compatible :eek::confused::(
Ill get the right ones ordered tomorrow

DCT03-3 by Alan Towell, on Flickr
DCT03-4 by Alan Towell, on Flickr
DCT03-5 by Alan Towell, on Flickr
Alan
This was a very nice installation.

I just wish I had sourced the wago connectors for the DCT03 as the ones I used look a bit lightweight for this application
Per do you have a reference part number as I might just change them out
Alan

I just wish I had sourced the wago connectors for the DCT03 as the ones I used look a bit lightweight for this application
Per do you have a reference part number as I might just change them out
Alan
The are called Wago 256-402 but I recommend that you let it be. Desoldering your terminals from a 140 um copper pcb requires the right tools so you won't get any damages.

Thanks Per I will get some ordered.
I know what you mean about these boards there is a lot of copper on there but I do have a heavy duty soldering iron for this type of application, I will snip out the old blocks and use my big iron to get the heat onto it plus my Metcal de-soldering pump together
Alan

advertisement

Back