advertisement

Cricket - The Ashes 2019

Very interesting today, scored slower than Aussies but can hopefully get a decent lead, 100 would be ideal.

We'll do well to win the match, as we're without Anderson, Wood and Archer - Wood for the series, Anderson and Archer for we don't know how long.

That was a kind pitch...looks like it'll turn more today with no rain so? Good England batting yesterday I thought through some excellent Australian bowling...how many times did the seamers beat the edge? Anyway, a decent start to the series. Now all I need is Sky Sports. Thank goodness for the radio.

That was a kind pitch...looks like it'll turn more today with no rain so? Good England batting yesterday I thought through some excellent Australian bowling...how many times did the seamers beat the edge? Anyway, a decent start to the series. Now all I need is Sky Sports. Thank goodness for the radio.

Just do a month subscription to NowTV.

I got the BT app cheap from Plusnet when the Ashes were in Aus. TBH and on reflection I prefer TMS on loud so I can also get on with other stuff rather than sit on my lardy arse watching the screen (from which, I admit, I was unable to tear myself away).
I find TMS and Ch5 highlights is about enough.
Stokes sounding dangerous this morning - just got 50 as I type.

The only "why oh why of why oh" complaint I can think of is that Moeen should not be playing. The rest is just good test cricket.

OK, someone needs to find the system preferences panel on Bairstow and flip the switch from one day to test. And
Roy batting in the wrong position.

Burns second longest opening innings since Trescothick's 200 against SA in 2003 - which shows just how good a performance that was.

Anderson injured. But bowling is excellent.

I know many supporters, especially the "occasional" supporter is "only happy when it rains" and wants to complain about the selection, performance, ball, umpires - but this is just a good test match.

Warner could have gone a long way to restoring his reputation.
But no, the cheat nicked it, he knew he nicked it and didn’t walk.

This is the abuse Broad got for not walking...

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/21/stuart-broad-courier-mail-lift-ban_n_4315472.html

...which was extreme. Prior to him taking wickets they were just constantly calling him a cheat, afterwards they did the not naming him. The ACB and ICC did and said nothing and the crowds at the ground and throughout the series gave serious abuse from the stands.

So I think any abuse the ex-convict stars of sandpapergate gate is fair. For nicking, fumbling or just breathing,

Prior to the campaign against Broad I would have said we should demonstrate how to behave and not stoop to the same level. But after this, and for people who have done a lot more than not walking - - people who have actually cheated, I think the crowd gets to say what they like. Forever.

reasonable day but that pitch is getting lifeless and without Anderson???? Smith looks set (If we all say nice things maybe it'll jinx the bu***r). And if Root feels he needs a more attacking field thanAli?
This has a feel of a slow grind down to a draw. Highlight of the day was listening to Alison trying to not shout at Boycott who sounded this pm as tho a glass or three had washed his lunch down! :)

Except that Smith seems damned near indestructable. Another ton plus from him might make things very interesting.
Oh...just seen the forecast...RAIN.

the Australian spin bowler seems far more effective on this track that ours tbh

advertisement

Back