advertisement

Cricket - The Ashes 2019

Australia's to lose but we'll played by them; Smith has carried the team in the 1st innings & others have chipped in now.

Well played Smith, pity England don’t have a batsman like him.

Wonder if England will have another collapse and be out for 150 or less.

All on Joe Root tomorrow I think.

One would hope that Burns, Denly and Buttler might help out a bit a the top. The match situation does (as if it were needed) demonstrate the utter stupidity of having Roy as a test match opener.

Arguably Root is as good a batsman as Smith. We'll know in about 12 years.

I think you are describing the majority of women under 40 in the UK. I blame Neighbours, which would have dominated their childhood.

Put TMS on. Aggers, Maxwell, Vaughn, McGrath and added Sir Geoffrey.

TMS? And the shoutiest of shouty things - Alison bloody Mitchell? That woman cannot speak without shouting.

No thanks.

It's like fingernails down a blackboard.

Unlistenable.

TMS? And the shoutiest of shouty things - Alison bloody Mitchell? That woman cannot speak without shouting.

No thanks.

Unlistenable.

She doesn't appear to meet the criteria for appointment to the expert commentator role, perhaps that's why she's freelance...

No thanks.

Unlistenable.

You might want to just have a quick check about yourself to ensure there is no hidden misogyny down the back of your Freudian couch as it were. Or do Charlotte Green and Mariella Frostrop get a pass?

Who hell dat? Do they write for the Grauniad ? Cricket I'm on about. And shouty people. Regardless of genre. Or whatever.

PS. My wife (who is a Woman) agrees with me on this. She shouts. And is unbearable to listen to.

BTW . I've been listening to the radio and watching cricket on the telly since the mid seventies.

My grandmother was the biggest fan. We used to watch together when I was around 9 or 10 years old.

She'd hate what's happened to it.

I know.

Hope I'm reading this right (and you're not talking about my relationship of 30 years standing) but yeah. It's just painfull to listen to.

Charlotte Green (ex-BBC radio announcer and newsreader - was on Classic Fm as well) doing the shipping forecast in the early hours used to be a profoundly sexual experience. Mariella (TV and radio presenter and journalist - voted sexiest voice on TV) has a throatier delivery, but the perfect BBC vowels of Charlotte... ...oh, baby.

advertisement

Back