advertisement

Cricket 2023

Yes, I felt they were shy of runs yesterday given the flat,flat pitch

Exactly, & Root in full flow. Daft.

R.G.D. Willis tale: thought I'd mention when I played in the indoor nets at Edgbaston, mid 80's whilst doing Warwickshire county trials. With Alvin Kallicharran behind watching me bat, it was unnerving enough, but then I spotted Bob Willis in my net.. behind the bowlers & thought he was queuing up to bowl at me!!! He'd just popped in for a look instead (I'd like to think both greats watching my goweresque driving: who knows-?).

He was a lovely chap apparently.

Here's hoping it hoops about in the morning, & we get a 50 run lead.

Capt

Last edited:
Too many missed chances today and now Australia likely to get a 1st innings lead !
Kawaga giving us a batting masterclass

You a test cricketer?
ho Ho. Me??? NO lol, but you don’t need to play at that level to understand the game, nor to recognise good and bad play. And anyway, it’s only chat about sport:)
I played at School / village level. Med fast right arm swing and terrible number 9 batsman:)

Exactly, & Root in full flow. Daft.

R.G.D. Willis tale: thought I'd mention when I played in the indoor nets at Edgbaston, mid 80's whilst doing Warwickshire county trials. With Alvin Kallicharran behind watching me bat, it was unnerving enough, but then I spotted Bob Willis in my net.. behind the bowlers & thought he was queuing up to bowl at me!!! He'd just popped in for a look instead (I'd like to think both greats watching my goweresque driving: who knows-?).

He was a lovely chap apparently.

Here's hoping it hoops about in the morning, & we get a 50 run lead.

Capt

My nephew had trials last summer for the u-11s (I guess) He missed out at the final selection unfortunately but he's been invited back.

This is him last week on the Warwickshire ccc twitter feed at 30 seconds in

https://twitter.com/WarwickshireCCC/status/1666870334518067221

My nephew had trials last summer for the u-11s (I guess) He missed out at the final selection unfortunately but he's been invited back.

This is him last week on the Warwickshire ccc twitter feed at 30 seconds in

https://twitter.com/WarwickshireCCC/status/1666870334518067221

Great set up there, wonderful to see the game's roots alive & kicking like this.

It's gutting at that age missing out, he'll need bouying up, but persevere.. like a driving test tell him.

This field…

Fy518D5XoAQu-zN

…to finally get Khawaja out with a Robinson yorker.

It's never boring with Stokes :).

Completely. I do just wonder though.. what if this was a 47 run lead instead-?

Fantastic captaincy that, & I know all about it of course. That's the best 1/2 hour of england captaincy I've possibly ever known. Definitely better than D.Gower.

If Stokes hadn't thrown his wicket away we could be looking at a fair bit more just now. I thought this was a 500+ wicket on Friday

Not sure how they get 47% to 39% for an England win. It is now a one innings match.
Who will knock it out the park enough times ? Brook ? Stokes ? Bairstow ? Warner ? Head ?
Who will get a century ?
Will Moeen be able to bowl ? Will Lyon win the match ?

If Stokes hadn't thrown is wicket away we could be looking at a fair bit more. I thought this was a 500+ wicket on Friday

.. or more obviously surely, just have let Root continue instead being on 118 & seeing it like a bloomin football.

Yup, I thought 500 too.

Bazball is about scoring fast enough to put opposition under pressure: going for the win. Root plus tail wouldn't have scored fast enough on Day 1.
There was also a fair chance of a wicket or two before close of play on Day 1.
Stokes is best England captain I have seen. Risk is inherent but I much prefer it.

advertisement

Back