advertisement

Cricket 2022 - for all things cricket this year on PFM

Revenge in the second* ODI aginst India and a bonus win for Surrey over Yorkshire with 3 balls to spare.

*First ODI was dreadful though.

Life is good.

Another poor batting performance against South Africa ,oh dear ! slash and smack not working

I was there yesterday. It was humid, oppressively hot at times and cloudy as well. It was a bowling toss all day long, and we’d have done the same to them had we won it.

Looking at all the short pitched bowling going on from England not looking good on that front either , SA tail batting really well and piling on runs . It is going to take two England players to make 100 to save the game

Irritating, particularly if you were there, that it was rained off so early when only 8 miles south we had no rain all day.

Thank you, but it was what it was. It was my 1st time at Lords. It won’t be my last. Loved the venue, and I’ll pay for a lower tier ticket next time (was in Compton Upper this time).

I don’t get wound up about the weather. I can’t control it, so no point in stressing about it. You were right tho. We got of the tube at Tower Hill and it was dry.

Looking forward to tomorrow at Lords with my brother and adult son. We need to rattle through the SA tail with the new ball and then make the most of the day 3 pitch for batting.

When they were told to reduce the bouncers should have put in a couple of slips for those catches that went through.
Still Stokes made the breakthrough with his own bowling.

Crawley fails again. Been given too many chances. Why keep play someone who isn't scoring ?
Is his uncle senior selector or something ?

Dearth of Capt material behind the Stokes appt?
He's no more a Capt than Botham or Flintoff...all great players but not leaders.

Is that true ?
Did make me google and his Dad is a multi-millionaire so that might help too...

My ex-neighbour, who I still see socially has played golf with Zak's dad and his son played cricket with Zak at school. Both parents and boys are decent golfers.

I'm sure they are. But is Key the key ?

I doubt it, if anything it probably makes it more awkward. I agree he has had enough chances and they should try someone else. It's a shame because he has a lot of natural talent, but so did Ramprakash at county level and he never came as good as he promised either.

I doubt it, if anything it probably makes it more awkward. I agree he has had enough chances and they should try someone else. It's a shame because he has a lot of natural talent, but so did Ramprakash at county level and he never came as good as he promised either.

From a comment made during the Test I understand he has not been scoring in any format for anyone recently...
Which makes me question why he was selected for England ? Repeatedly, after failing every time.

From a comment made during the Test I understand he has not been scoring in any format for anyone recently...
Which makes me question why he was selected for England ? Repeatedly, after failing every time.

Anyone who scores a big double ton at Test level has obviously got something and there have been occasions when he's looked set. Perhaps like Gooch, a spell out will get him concentrating and working his way back. But it's definitely time he made way, not that there is a rush of obvious replacements.

Batting first necessitates putting some runs on the board and using up a lot of overs and time - just an observation...

advertisement

Back